Citizen Dive Watches Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I removed the bands and put bungees through the pins. The way it is setup now (with the regular band) is if you loose one pin/band the watch will be lost. With the bungee setup routed through both pins even if one pin goes the watch will still be attached to my arm by one pin. On another note, taking the bands off the watch was a PITA. It was so hard that I told myself while doing it, "No way in heck these bands were coming off anytime soon." Still gives me a piece of mind with the bungees, and besides that it's alot easier kitting up with bungees instead of trying to snap that band around your arm.

I also think the ascent alarm is annoying but haven't had a problem with it recently. I have heard when you have it serviced you can have them disable the alarm.

Matt

I dive with my Dad's Citizen watch. Just your basic water proof dive watch. It is now about 30 years old and still going strong. You can't go wrong!

jettyrat21:
I have the stainless hyper aqualand and love it. It is my everyday watch as well as depth and bottom time back up to my computer. My only complaint is the ultra sensitive ascent alarm, it will go off if i just raise my hand. Very easy to download dive data.

I have an older Aqualand which I've had for approx 7 years without problems:
- great watch, in/out of the water
- super sensitive ascent alarm :thumbs_do
- since I wear it, I have quick ascess for logging dives later on
- no backlight :thumbs_do
- watch strap will wear out every year with regular diving & wear. Get a Waterborne strap and replace the rubber one http://shop.divebooty.com/1576.html

why buy a fancy citizen dive watch for $200+ when for just about the same price or a couple extra dollars buy a suunto mosquito that will do much, much more. just a suggestion.

christaylor:
Was thinking about getting a classier dive watch, was thinking one of the Citizen Dive watches, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the Citizen Line of dive watches and any in particular that they like or disklike?

Island Hoppa:
why buy a fancy citizen dive watch for $200+ when for just about the same price or a couple extra dollars buy a suunto mosquito that will do much, much more. just a suggestion.

Originally Posted by christaylor
Was thinking about getting a classier dive watch

Yeah, that Suunto Mosquito wouldn't quite go with the tux, would it?

I currently have an Aqualand Duplex and a Hyper Aqualand. When the original Aqualand came out circa '89-90 I had one of those - would probably still have it if it hadn't been stolen in Coz... (replaced it with the Duplex)

Things I like:
- Super durable
- Super accurate (depth, time & temp)
- easy to read in the daytime
- stores essential log information
- I like the analog hands on the Duplex
- I like the download capability on the Hyper

Things I don't like:
- No user replaceable battery
- No backlight (there's a "light" that's less than worthless in the Hyper - don't bother trying it - all it does is eat up the battery)
- It takes entirely too long to get the battery replaced (nearly a month last time)

The reason I ended up with two Aqualands, by the way, is because the Duplex announced its need for a battery replacement 3 days before a week-long Akumal trip - found the Hyper available in Mississippi at a good price with next day delivery.

Rick

The Kraken:
I like the Hyper Aqualand because it can download to a PC. It also gives you your average depth for a dive so that one can compute the SAC for the dive.

Good point, I started using avg depth too for figuring my SACR after
getting my watch. I feel that is much more conservative than my old
method of using max depth, gives a true picture of what a gas hog I
can be at times.

I also use a more basic Citizen. It's an eco-drive Pro Diver and it also has the solar charged battery. No depth info. I like it but I have to say it's lack of a back light is a little annoying. It has a glow in the dark panel but they doesn't help much when it's been out of the light for long.

I recently scratched the face pretty badly. Does anyone know if it's worth the cost to have it replaced? How much does something like that cost?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom