citizen Hyper Aqualand Promaster Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
On a recent visit to the good old US of A I bought a Citizen Hyper Aqualand Promaster watch. Got home and went diving, thats where the fun ended. How on earth are you supposed to download info from the watch. I keep getting the message, Error:failed to connect with watch. I am using a laptop with a 25 pin parallel printer port and several USB ports with XP running. I have downloaded the latest version of Citizens software and am using a straight through 25 pin male to 25 pin male lead connected to the parallel port without any joy. As a desperate measure I tried a 25 pin male to 9 pin female serial modem lead via a USB converter, again nothing transferred.
Anybody out there got a suggestion or suffered the same, Citizen UK have been noticable by their lack of response.
Happy diving:thumb:

slimincornwall once bubbled...
I am using a laptop with a 25 pin parallel printer port and several USB ports with XP running. I have downloaded the latest version of Citizens software and am using a straight through 25 pin male to 25 pin male lead connected to the parallel port without any joy. As a desperate measure I tried a 25 pin male to 9 pin female serial modem lead via a USB converter, again nothing transferred.
:

I looked at the Citizen web site and it looks like this watch requires a serial port with a straight through rs232 (9pin) cable. You did not say anything about a serial port on your PC. If your laptop is like mine it may not have one, therefore you may have to find a different type of USB converter. I had the same problem with my GPS until I found the correct adapter.

I had the same problem. I found that I definitely needed a serial cable. Also, my son explained that you can only run one serial cable at a time/ Since I already had my palm pilot on serial, I had to make adjustments to the palm pilot program. Hope this helps

Hello !

I also bought the CHA watch and had some problems with
downloading dive's from it...

After ensuring that you have the proper cable ( Why they dont send one w/ the thing I dont know.. )

If it still does not work, you might have to slow the baud rate down...

I had to do this to make the thing work.

I turned it down from highest speed to 19,200

Some newer serial hardware in the computers don't seem to
work well at 'full speed'.

good luck

bob

Mine works with the 25 male/ 9 female, but you have to remember to hold the mode button for three seconds before putting the watch in the little connection thing. After doing this you will see TR in the lower right hand corner where it would say time or PLOG. And to change the dives you transfer to the computer you have to push the set button to cycle through the watches log book.

It will never work on the parallel port. The specification isn't the same.
(Now there are devices that convert parallel to serial - generally used to allow printing with a very long cable - and if you really want one PM me and I'll sell you one - but just getting the right cable and plugging it into the right port on your computer is the much, much cheaper way to solve your problem)
E.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on how to download dive info from the watch to a laptop, in the end I managed to sort it. Why do Citizen supply a comms unit with such an outdated connection port? Anyhow, anybody else with the same problem should connect the 25pin outlet on the comms unit via a 25 pin to 9pin serial modem (very important) adapter cable. If, like me your laptop is not fitted with a 9 pin serial port you then have to use a USB to 9 pin serial converter. If you still have problems getting your watch to talk with the computer switch the COM port around in the software, mine will only work when selected to COM4 for some strange reason.
Thanks again and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom