Citizen HyperAqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mg1010 Promaster has a rechargeable battery, takes a full charge on the included portable charge unit that operates on 4 aa cells in 7 hours. It is supposed to run a month on a charge, I do not know if that is accurate yet, I've only gone on six dives with it so far. I've heard the ascent alarm once now in six dives.

I have a Citizen Hyper Aqualand, and absolutely love it. While my primary computer is with my gear, I can complete my dive logs using the watch...back in the hotel, in the galley, etc.

The problem I had was with the ascent alarm. It's WAY to sensitive. I'd just move my arm and the thing would start beeping. I took it to a jewler, and he put a piece of tape over the spring that acts as the alarm. He said the could later remove it if I wanted the alarm to work again, but NO WAY. The Jewler didn't charge me anything, and he changed the battery for just over $5.00 while I waited (I don't recall the exact price).

The light could also be brighter.

But it's a nice looking watch that tracks all the information I use for my dive logs.

I don't recommend it for use as a primary computer for the same reasons others have stated.

Flood:
I have a question... why do some of you use it as a back up??? would it be good enough for the only device to have, for someone like me who is just starting out and maybe only diving a couple of times a year? I was really looking into purchasing this watch, cant beat the price, and it seems to do alot?
Well... the Aqualand is really only a depth gauge and bottom timer and not a true dive computer. While there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself, a lot of folks like a dive computer as it automagically computes your remaining bottom time and displays it as an NDL countdown, or a graph or whatever (depending on what brand and model).

I personally think it would make a great primary dive watch (my wife uses one), but you'll get a lot of opinions one way or the other on the use of dive computers vs bottom timer/depth gauge only here. :) I don't know what one of those Hyperland things costs these days, but it will serve you well in my opinion.

One tip for the sensitive ascent alarm... wear the watch on your right wrist when diving. That way it won't beep at you every time you move your left arm to dump or add air. It only took my wife one dive to take my advice on this. :wink:

Jimmie

I don't understand why anyone would buy the Citizen Aqualand dive watch as a back up, when for not much more you can purchase A Suunto Mosquito or Stinger and get a full functioning, decompression computer??? I worked for dive shop a few years ago and the Hyper Aqualands were going for $400!!!

well, the hyper aqualand you can get for 239.00
suunto about 4 - 5 hundred so for a beginner with not alot of money to spend thats the difference.

scubaside:
I don't understand why anyone would buy the Citizen Aqualand dive watch as a back up, when for not much more you can purchase A Suunto Mosquito or Stinger and get a full functioning, decompression computer??? I worked for dive shop a few years ago and the Hyper Aqualands were going for $400!!!

The Aqualand watch is expensive. I paid about $150, and that was for a used one! What I like about it is that I have my dive info for my log on my watch that I'm already wearing. For me, it makes logging dives more convenient; I can leave my computer with my dive equipment and fill out my logs while lounging around at home, in my hotel, etc.

It is a watch and not a dcompression computer though. You'd get the Aqualand if you were shopping for a really great watch. If you need a full-functioning dive computer, I'd recommend not getting the Aqualand watch.

I was looking for a replacement dive computer for one that flooded this year. Keep an eye on the auction sites, I lucked out and got a brand new Citizen Hyper Aqualand NX Promaster dive watch/computer for $320.00. I say watch/computer because I think Citizen got it right this time, it is a full air/nitrox dive computer.

Land Locked:
I was looking for a replacement dive computer for one that flooded this year. Keep an eye on the auction sites, I lucked out and got a brand new Citizen Hyper Aqualand NX Promaster dive watch/computer for $320.00. I say watch/computer because I think Citizen got it right this time, it is a full air/nitrox dive computer.
Now that is a nice deal! Which site did you get it on?

Back
Top Bottom