Citizen HyperAqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get a Suunto Mosquito for $250-$350 US... just makes no sense to save maybe $50 at most to get a dive watch when you can get a fully functioning/deco/nitrox capable computer. With regard to EricJ's post... the Mosquito and Stinger both are worn as a watch just as the Citizen is... the difference is the
Suunto is a computer and the other one isn't.

scubaside:
With regard to EricJ's post... the Mosquito and Stinger both are worn as a watch just as the Citizen is... the difference is the
Suunto is a computer and the other one isn't.

I didn't realize the Suunto was worn as a watch, and yes the Citizen is not a full functioning dive computer like the Suunto.

I came across a lot of positve posts and reviews of Suunto's Mosquito while researching a primary computer purchase for my wife (although I never really checked its size). We ended up getting an Aeris, but the main reason was so that we could use the same downloadable dive log software...plus I found that it, too, is a good product based on personal experience, user posts and reviews. Knowing how small the Suunto is, I would seriously consider the Suunto if I were in the market.

Citizen does make a new Cyber Promaster watch calculates nitrogen build up and is nitrox compatible. At one site I saw it priced at $450.

Another reason I wouldn't use my Citizen Hyper Aqualand watch as my primary computer is that the batteries aren't user replaceable...although I think that point has been made before.

Does the Mosquito and Stinger have user-replaceable batteries?

I like mine a great deal. In addition to the afore mentoned problems (ascent alarm, weak back light) I do have one complaint. The metal band on the newer models does not have the adjustment necessary to switch between my 3mm and my dry suit. I have chosen to shorten the band to be able to have it on my wrist in the warm water (and allow me to wear the watch day to day) but that leaves it too short for the DS. I know that I could "McGuiver" a more versital solution but vanity keeps me from ditching the shinny metal. Also, I cannot get the softwear to work on any of my computers. I called Citizen but they were of no help.

ErikJ... The Stinger isn't user changable... but the Mosquito is. By the way, does anyone know how much the new Suunto D9 is going to be? I was looking at it on Suunto.com... that is one tricked out computer!!! I'm guessing it will retail for close to $1,500 ???

i got 1 a while agoi bought it online from the usa. and had it shipped to the uk. HOWEVER according to the guy on the phone he told me i forgot to specify that i wanted it in meters not feet. so it only does me as abottom timer and nothing else considering at 50 meters im so narked i cant do the calculations in my head to convert it.( bloody expensive bottom timer)

reccomended retail is 1350$ but shop around u can get it cheapr

scubaside:
ErikJ... The Stinger isn't user changable... but the Mosquito is. By the way, does anyone know how much the new Suunto D9 is going to be? I was looking at it on Suunto.com... that is one tricked out computer!!! I'm guessing it will retail for close to $1,500 ???

reccomended retail is 1350$ but shop around u can get it cheapr

My old (first generation) Aqualand just bit the dust. I've had it since the late '80s - wife bought it for me for Christmas when they first came out. I used it prior to ever using computers, and as a backup after I bought my Mosquito a few years ago. I hated to see the old citizen go, but when it froze up they said they no longer have parts to fix it. Offered me half off any watch they sell though... Probably going to go with the AquaLand Duplex as an everyday watch/backup, and the Mosquito as my primary computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom