Clams of mussels at Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And here's the back side of it:

Attachments

• shell2.jpg
    shell2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 45
That's what I have, a point and shoot. I love the ease of use. I can shoot one handed!

THIS IS A WORKPLACE FRIENDLY SITE. Should we be looking at the back sides of clams?

LOL :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Yup, Cruiser, I do believe you've captured (very nicely, I might add) the Asian variety. Nice shots!

Where in CSSP did you find them? They may be all over, but I just don't remember seeing them. I'd like to try to catch them on video next time I'm down there. Better yet, let's meet there and we'll hunt them together!
Keep getting underwater.

Yup, Cruiser, I do believe you've captured (very nicely, I might add) the Asian variety. Nice shots!

Where in CSSP did you find them? They may be all over, but I just don't remember seeing them. I'd like to try to catch them on video next time I'm down there. Better yet, let's meet there and we'll hunt them together!
Keep getting underwater.

I've noticed them mostly by the dock near the Dive Training Center pavilion and around in that area. I'd be happy show you where they are (and then you'll notice them all over). PM me and let me know when you'll be diving at Terrell :)

She takes nice pictures doesn't she ?!!

I have not seen any of then myself.
I love fresh water clams....... they are so cool. :D
I hope we find out what cruiser took a picture of !!

Being a Biology major in college till I was a junior I had the joy of being around calms / bivalves or what ever the heck you want to call them in the process of college study. I have performed researce procedures on them that may be against the law in the next election cycle according to PETA.

Shoot.... Some Clams already have Government health benifits !

We have more species of clams in America then in any place in the world.
North Carolina tops the list for most species in the world.
They have a threat from the introduced Asian Mussels.

This ain't about imagrant politics it's just a fact.

I say do your research well and then when you find introduced species.....
Click Click Pull.........

Timeliner--Are some clams in the US federally protected?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom