Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond 1/27/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the neoprene socks are great as long as they fit in your boot comfortably. I keep a couple of pair. Hey, 7+3 = 10mm - now that's cold water foot protection!

Wouldn't mind coming home and getting a dive or two in. With the exception of the occassional free dive in my teens, I haven't seen much submerged sights of Clarks Hill. How often do you dive the lake? I'd like to join you on an upcoming sightseeing dive. Would a 7mm wetsuit be thick enough for the lake's temps?

We welcome others to join us. PM me for a specific weekend schedule or for additional discussion. We dive the lake most weekends. February typically has the coldest water temps (mid 40's or so). Is a 7mm enough? Most folks diving with us now are in a 7mm (or 6.5) fullsuit with 5-7mm hoods and gloves. We generally do only 1 dive/day in these conditions. However, there is some variability in what folks consider "doable" in terms of water temps and wetsuits. Other factors that I suggest you consider are:
1. cold water diving experience- if you haven't dove sub70 degree water, 45 degrees can be pretty extreme.
2. Overall dive experience (your info shows less than 25 dives - is this correct? If so and you have no/limited cold water diving experience this may be a bit extreme).
3. physical conditioning and health.
4. mental health (if this is good, then you probably shouldn't try this :D - just joking of course, maybe:shakehead:)

Of course, since this is a shore dive , if you get too cold - we can adjust the dive to get you back to shore fairly quickly (with safety stop of course). However, if your drive to the lake is substantial, this would be the pits. FYI: Temps begin to climb above the 50 degree mark in March.

4. mental health (if this is good, then you probably shouldn't try this :D - just joking of course, maybe:shakehead:)

Sooo, we are not sane?:bananalama:
:hmmm:, well, could be worse...
:monkeydan

See you tomorrow. Hitting the water at 11am!

Sooo, we are not sane?:bananalama:
:hmmm:, well, could be worse...

Just remember, when our group was trying to come up with a catchy name like the Looney Birds of Atlanta we decided to go with a short acronym for our group - W.A.R. Divers (We Ain't Right):D

Just remember, when our group was trying to come up with a catchy name like the Looney Birds of Atlanta we decided to go with a short acronym for our group - W.A.R. Divers (We Ain't Right):D

Good point.:sprint:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom