Clark Hill, Lake thurmond Saturday 3/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everything is good around here. Went on a group ride today on the cycle. Lil cold, lot's of cloud's but it didn't rain so that was good. Is the family thing getting any better or still same same?

My Dad's fighting the good fight, though his cancer doesn't have a good prognosis. His faith (our faith) sustains both of us. Dad has always been active in his church, but his has been a quiet ministry. It has amazed me how many people have shared their story with me as to how he has helped them get back on their feet and find a better way. Gosh, I'm proud of what he has done.

Hey there, I followed you here from a message you posted to me a while back about diving near Augusta, and I found you :) Sounds like a good dive!

You guys going to be diving next weekend? Hopefully the customs people will have let my dive kit into the country by then, at which point it will need getting wet ASAP!.

I may be diving next Sunday. Starting next weekend, Augusta becomes the place where everyone wants to get to or get away from for a week. We have this golf thing going on - Master's Golf Tourney. I DO have golf clubs (somewhere), but it ain't scuba...
I'll give a shout if I'm around. If you can do a search for some of my threads you'll get a picture of our diving locally.

I may be diving next Sunday. Starting next weekend, Augusta becomes the place where everyone wants to get to or get away from for a week. We have this golf thing going on - Master's Golf Tourney. I DO have golf clubs (somewhere), but it ain't scuba...
I'll give a shout if I'm around. If you can do a search for some of my threads you'll get a picture of our diving locally.

Oh yes, I thought I knew Augusta from somewhere... golf, the perfect way to spoil a good walk IMHO but each to their own! I'll go ahead and stalk you down on the forum.

My Dad's fighting the good fight, though his cancer doesn't have a good prognosis. His faith (our faith) sustains both of us. Dad has always been active in his church, but his has been a quiet ministry. It has amazed me how many people have shared their story with me as to how he has helped them get back on their feet and find a better way. Gosh, I'm proud of what he has done.

We understand where you are coming from. We went through this with Nell's( The wife's) dad about 7yr's ago. He had liver cancer bad and the Dr.'s said he wouldn't make it that long. He managed to live another yr after that. It's never good and never easy. Hope things get a lil better.

Hey just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the tour. We were glad to get a least 1 dive in this week end and we will be back for more. The river dive sounds like a lot of fun too. We'll keep in touch for more dives
Tim

Hey just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the tour. We were glad to get a least 1 dive in this week end and we will be back for more. The river dive sounds like a lot of fun too. We'll keep in touch for more dives
Tim

Enjoyed diving with you. Come back sometime when you can actually see what we were diving on. Vis during the summer averages 10-15'. We have not had the great winter vis this year due to the lake being down so low. Any wind and waves stirs up the silt rather than just breaking on the rocks when the lake is at full pool. We've had a lot of rain lately - I'm not complaining (only 9' down from full pool now rather than 14' down).
This is a brief description of the Savannah River dive from a earlier post of mine:
Savannah River - A nice 1 -1 1/2 hour drift dive from the 5th street marina to the old marina/boathouse downstream. Depths are 21' max. Vis can be great a times 15' -20' during periods of low rain. A lot of history on this dive with a shipwreck (bow, deck planking, boilers and other stuff) just below the first bridge support for the 5th street bridge, the remnants of the old Hamburg docks (cotton docks) that run the length of the dive 1/3 of the way out into the river from the SC side (lots of fish here around the pilings and rocks), and the old Hamburg bridge remains (about 1/2 the way down the GA side). Dives around the bridges and railroad tressle are interesting too. The river is 70 degrees in the summer.
A second popular Savannah River dive is at the North Augusta boat landing at Riverview Park. Almost straight across from the boat ramp are the remains of an old dump that was pushed into the river (bottles and artifacts). The bottom contour is different in this portion of the river as this is in the fall line. Expect large underwater rocks/small boulders in this section of the river that is about 18' deep max. This is not a drift dive. I suggest beginning the dive swimming across the river to the GA side, swimmimg upstream along the GA side to about 2/3s (depending on current speed) of your air is consumed then moving over the SC side for a drift dive back to the boat ramp (don't miss the ramp).

Come join us anytime.

OK, today (Sunday) is a gloomy, 45 degree overcast day - what to do? Soooo, nine of us went diving in 53 degree water with low vis for an hour or so. Sounds about right. Yes, it is a sickness, but at least we are in good company:shakehead:. Six of the Atlanta/Doraville folks joined us to play in our mud hole (vis today was only 6' max, 2-3' at times). Geez, rain and wind this week played heck with our diving. I will say this, those Lake Lanier folks know how to do low vis diving! Most of us stayed together for our dive to 80' for 1:04 dive time. Our strategy for such a large group was to place a flag on the plane ('case anyone got lost) at the start. From there we dropped down to the missle at 72' today. Then we continued over to the 80' wall, up to the 63' wall (53' today), the trench, angel statue and south along the 40 ' ledge (30' today). Big bass (mega big) at the rock with the horse head skull and another just before the budda statue. Then it was past the pool filters, 3 big rocks (lots of fish here) and onward back to the plane. From there it was along the bouyancy course to the ski boat, then a safety stop along the rocks. OK, I could have spent today watching TV lounging on the couch. But life is more than that, even if it is only 6' vis, 53 water...

Hey, flight lead, glad y'all could join us!

thanks Andy! Good times were had by all :)

thanks Andy! Good times were had by all :)

Great to dive with you again. Yes, I know you were probably disappointed that you weren't wearing doubles and a stage for the hill climb :D. I was impressed with the ability of your group to keep together in such low vis. Definitely a group comfortable with low vis.

And they didn't have my Yellow fins to follow.Haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom