Class Report - GUE Rec3 with Beto Nava (w/ special guests)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's actually quite a good exercise, to try to hold depth when your buddy is wobbly. It's MUCH easier to stabilize if you have a stable visual reference; doing it when you have a moving one is a much more advanced and demanding skill.

It's actually quite a good exercise, to try to hold depth when your buddy is wobbly. It's MUCH easier to stabilize if you have a stable visual reference; doing it when you have a moving one is a much more advanced and demanding skill.

This is the undeniable truth.

Congratulations! Thanks for the report. I foresee good things for the GUE recreational curriculum.

You say that as if you were the only one doing the yo-yo routine (you definitely were not). I can't wait for you to eventually finish up though - we need as many R3/T1 scooter owners as possible at Point Lobos. :D

PM or email me. I will be happy to do some R3 scooter dives with you at Point Lobos.

Kevin

Hey congratulations and thanks for the write-up! Seems like a fun class and a great intermediary between recreational and Tech diving for, as you said, those who prefer bite-sized chunks.

Take KMD up on his offer! He's one of my all-time favorite dive buddies.

Take KMD up on his offer! He's one of my all-time favorite dive buddies.

He's a stroke.

Kidding folks, just kidding. I like Kevin. He learned me how to heat and eat them MREs. Yum, yum.

So with Rec 3 does one get a tech fundy pass with that or do they still have to sit a fundies class and get a tech pass to continue down that path.

PM or email me. I will be happy to do some R3 scooter dives with you at Point Lobos.

Definitely. The rest of April is going to be mostly dive-free, but I'm planning to hit the cove hard in May. :)

So with Rec 3 does one get a tech fundy pass with that or do they still have to sit a fundies class and get a tech pass to continue down that path.

As of right now, fundies is still a pre-requisite (since rec2 doesn't exist yet), so it's a question of doing whatever checkout procedure your instructor wants you to go through. I received a tech endorsement after completing Rec3, at the discretion of my instructor based on my performance in the class. Ultimately though, it's entirely possible to pass Rec3 without meeting tech endorsement standards. The recreational buoyancy and trim standards apply for R3 - not the tech standards - so it's definitely not a guarantee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom