Cleaning Briney Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A number of people including chemical engineers have told me that Armorall is not a good choice for rubber. Vinyl, yes rubber no...............

Did they sat why? I've been using it on rubber products from tires to dive gear for years without issues.

A number of people including chemical engineers have told me that Armorall is not a good choice for rubber. Vinyl, yes rubber no...............

Well, if using Armor All on my fins for 30 years has damaged them any I don't see it. From what you're describing the condition of your fins to be in, I really don't think you have much to lose in trying it.

I'm also curious why your Chem E friends would say that. Saying this from personal experience, sometimes engineers think too hard. (I suspect you can relate :D )

---------- Post added July 4th, 2013 at 12:55 PM ----------

spectrum,

I thought of another option for you. You have a drysuit so you may already have some UV Tech. But it's not cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom