cleaning computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timmytes

Registered
Reaction score
just wondering what was the bast way to clean a computer after a dive. is it best to just rinse it off, or do some of you take it out of the rubber boot, clean and dry it off?

thanks

timmytes once bubbled...
just wondering what was the bast way to clean a computer after a dive. is it best to just rinse it off, or do some of you take it out of the rubber boot, clean and dry it off?
What you might do is to just do a quick rinse for a few saltwater dives, then pull off the boot and taste for salt.

I used to just rinse my console-mounted computer off when I soaked my reg for a little while. Then one day I popped the computer out and discovered it was still wet and salty a several days after my last dive. So now at the end of a week long trip I'll pop the computer out of the console and do a 90-100F fresh water rinse and soak.

My old Oceanic hockey puck computer seems to be pretty rugged, but one time I did have a problem with readings being about 10% low. I suspect that it was a problem with salt crystals on the pressure sensor, because a couple hours of warm water soaking cured the problem. Moral: don't forget to compare your computer depth reading with your buddy's or an analog gauge once in a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom