Clear Xeo dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadbilly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there any way to clear the memory of my Xeo (specifically the dive log)? I've tried both resetting it (from the firmware loader) and re-flashing the firmware and neither thing fixed it.

There are a couple dives with incorrect dates (this thing seems to randomly forget what day it is) and they import as "new" dives every time I download them to my computer. I'd just like to start over so all dives are actually new and my log remains clean.

Surely, there must be some way to do this simple thing?

I see Liquivision responded to another post in this forum this morning. No answer to this question?

Hi @deadbilly, Sorry for the delay in response. This one was tricky and needed to be discussed. The memory cannot be cleared by the end user. Truthfully, this is for liability reasons. It is like the miles on your car, you can't go back.

However, if you are having problems with the date we suggest you pop into you contact our customer service team directly so we can do come trouble shooting together. Or you can pop into your local retailer to see if they can help. http://www.liquivision.com/en-us/support-form

Thanks for the reply. I guess that makes a little bit of sense. But don't dives just get overwritten once a certain number have been recorded? I mean, the storage on this thing is not infinite, right?. Where's the liability there? I could stick the computer in a pressure pot for some amount of time and that would be recorded as a dive. What happens then?

Where is the liability overall? How is Liquivision in any way liable for the veracity of the dive log on a computer that is (presumably) completely owned by someone else? Can't you just say: "the dive log may not accurately reflect the actual dive history of this unit" and call it done? A dive log is not some legally binding thing, so why should someone else get to decide what I do with mine?

I mean, this is a little like a stationery company selling a day planner that can't be erased and saying it's for reasons of liability.

Clearly, LV can do whatever it wants. I just find this to be a frustrating lack of functionality with an unsatisfying explanation.

I don't even necessarily need to delete the dives. Just changing an incorrect date and time would solve this. But LV software doesn't allow you to edit that.

Can you PM me with your contact message and I will get a customer service rep contact you directly? Thanks.
I don't even necessarily need to delete the dives. Just changing an incorrect date and time would solve this. But LV software doesn't allow you to edit that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom