Downloading Dive Log from Cloud onto Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agilulfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since the dive log on my Perdix AI has been wiped clean due to a repair, I am wondering if there a way to download it back from SW Cloud onto the computer.

Nope. Only way to get dives onto the computer is to dive it. It’s not intended to be a full dive log. That’s exactly what the dive log app is for.

I delete logs from my Perdix after I upload them to the Shearwater Cloud Desktop.

Understood. Thank you. The reason why I was asking is that some dive operations ask to check the computer dive log to verify the number of dives one has made. For this reason, I prefer to leave the dives on the computer even after I uploaded them to the cloud. I guess, if needed, I can show my log on the cloud. It's just less practical.

I can show my log on the cloud. It's just less practical.
Do you have the Shearwater Cloud app on your smart phone? That would be the easiest way to show your logs IMO.

it's not always practical having a phone on a dive boat.
In my experience the staff will ask for your logs before they allow you on the boat. YMMV.

Yes, sure, but sometimes, for various reasons, I would prefer to leave my phone in the hotel. As I said, it's not a big deal. It's just that having it on the computer is, imo, more practical.

HI

Well, you could set the dive count such that it reflects your number of dives or any other number that suits you ,-) That does not restore any logs but at least you don‘t start with a dive count of 1.

Best wishes Jens

Back
Top Bottom