clinic,workshop and mentoring for scuba diving (not certification courses)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've looked at it and found his linkedin page. I was hoping for something more than a 1 day training. But I will contact Netdoc about the possibility of more than a 1 day session. Thanks for your suggestion much appreciated. Fa1th1st
From reading about people who have dived with them (I haven't) they have said that they (Elena and @NetDoc) have been very good at teaching/reviewing what is needed.

You could always get in touch through the site here.

Thank you for your reply Jim. I'm happy to hear from anyone with an idea that might help. fa1th1st

My wife had a hard time with Buoyancy... I can understand your problem and your frustration .. I like the pool for working with problems because it's a safe place with no distractions ... Hard to work on a problem when you're dealing with other stuff..

I like the idea of you going down to train with Peter (NetDoc) ... He has a very good class and has the temperament to really work with his students... Good luck, You'll get it.. Just SLOW DOWN.... Sometimes the harder you try the harder it gets...

Jim...

I've had the pleasue of doing training dives with both Pete & Elena. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the advice KevinNM I'm looking at what is available for Feb, March and April.

Heres what is posted on GUE.com under the class schedule. If you do some digging, and find a location or instructor you might prefer, you could inquire with them about setting up a course as well. (Most of my GUE courses were setup that way, by contacting the instructor and setting up a course that wasn't posted)

** Some might not be planning on being taught in English

Course Title Date Location Instructor
GUE Fundamentals Feb 03, 2017 St Julians, Saint Julian's, Malta John Kendall
GUE Fundamentals Feb 08, 2017 St Julian's, Saint Julian's, Malta John Kendall
GUE Fundamentals Feb 09, 2017 Kailua-Kona (Big Island), HI, United States Meredith Tanguay
GUE Fundamentals Feb 09, 2017 Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico Christophe Le Maillot
GUE Fundamentals Feb 21, 2017 Bali, Bali, Indonesia Leon Boey
GUE Fundamentals Feb 28, 2017 Tossa de Mar, Girona, Spain Sander Evering
GUE Fundamentals Mar 02, 2017 High Springs, Florida, United States Douglas Mudry
GUE Fundamentals Mar 04, 2017 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Nick Schoeffler
GUE Fundamentals Mar 14, 2017 Bali, Bali, Indonesia Leon Boey
GUE Fundamentals Mar 23, 2017 High Springs, Florida, United States Kyle Harmon
GUE Fundamentals Mar 30, 2017 Siracusa, Siracusa, Italy Mario Arena
GUE Fundamentals Apr 01, 2017 High Springs, Florida, United States Douglas Mudry
GUE Fundamentals Apr 11, 2017 Bali, Bali, Indonesia Leon Boey
GUE Fundamentals Apr 16, 2017 Panglao, Bohol, Philippines Jimmy Choo
GUE Fundamentals Apr 20, 2017 Panglao, Bohol, Philippines Jimmy Choo
GUE Fundamentals Apr 21, 2017 Capo Murro Siracusa, Siracusa, Italy Stefano Gualtieri
GUE Fundamentals Apr 22, 2017 Portofino, Italy Bruno Borelli
GUE Fundamentals Apr 27, 2017 High Springs, Florida, United States Kyle Harmon

Each course has a link to the instructors bio (with contact information), as well as the standards posting of each course, all from the GUE class schedule page (under Diver Training/Scheduled Classes on the pop down menu)

_R

I've looked at it and found his linkedin page. I was hoping for something more than a 1 day training. But I will contact Netdoc about the possibility of more than a 1 day session. Thanks for your suggestion much appreciated. Fa1th1st
First, thanks for the overly kind words from my fans! If I am known for anything, I am happy, happy, happy that I'm know for my Propulsion, Trim and Buoyancy Class.

The amount of time needed depends solely on YOU, your desire and your skills. I've had students get things straight in a couple of hours and I've had some take six full sessions and still not get it. They were better, but I wouldn't dive with them in OW. My last class with @rgilkes was amazingly smooth all because he came to work. I had more fun than he did but he still had a lot of fun while gaining a lot of skills and confidence. I analyse what you're doing right and wrong and we take it from there. He was able to learn the Frog Kick, the Scull, Power Frog kick and to swim backwards, as well as master trim and buoyancy. I've never had such a gifted student. He's a Johnny Freaking Weissmuller as far as I'm concerned. The second one I've had.

Most classes consist of a bit of classroom over breakfast with a session right after in the pool, followed by a session at Canon Beach the next day. I've had one family that I refused to train since they had been diving with Elena and I already and were excellent already. After that, only two have needed just one session. @rgilkes and an OW student. The OW student got a second session just because I won't accept a single pool session for OW.

Everyone's different even though the goals remain the same. Classes should reflect that. FWIW, since this is remedial in nature, there is no "card" associated with this class. Your rewards are your hard earned skills.

200 dives and you can't control buoyancy? I would chat with a sports therapist.....or NetDoc.....lol. I'd place my money on your equipment.....what have you been doing on your past dives in an attempt to fix this problem. How did you pass the AOW?

200 dives and you can't control buoyancy? I would chat with a sports therapist.....or NetDoc.....lol. I'd place my money on your equipment.....what have you been doing on your past dives in an attempt to fix this problem. How did you pass the AOW?
That was my thought reading the OP. Though buoyancy is not at all rocket science (I figured it out quickly), I know from experience that students vary a lot here. I would assume it has to do with experience in water in general. Pete's "course" would seem to be the best idea.

My husband spent a week with NetDoc working on buoyancy and other issues. He's a totally different diver now. Much better because of the work NetDoc did with him. Plus, my husband was frustrated with his diving skills and wanted to get better. He went to the Keys to work, work, work on his skills with NetDoc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom