CMAS Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2ogypsy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello, I have a diver that got his Divemaster via CBPDS-CMAS in Brazil. He lost his card and we cannot get anyone to answer our emails or to offer any help. Does anyone know exactly who we should contact there? His Instructor was in the Military Circle of Sao Paulo.
Thank you!!

Hi there!
Sorry to say that you probably will have a hard time trying to check it out
The CBPDS self declares "The only recognized dive brevet", "real training outside the commercial non recognized franchises", etc.
In fact, in spite of having some good instructors around (their number is falling), the institution itself is a joke, CMAS is not real regarded among many Brazilian divers, what i think is sad for CMAS because theyr name was burned by some egocentric, Rambo Divers, who used to take students to 60 metres (200 feet) using a single Al80 on air at the 3* check out dives, certify OWD in two dives, and you hardly find an active instructor who is not afiliated also with a WRSTC cert.
I guess that, after the founder, and self declared, " Brazilian diving real expert" died, the confederation is inactive. In fact they always priorized sport and spear fishing, looks ridiculous, but it's a dinossaur entity who remained untouched after the military dictatorship who ruled the country at the 80's
Hope you can figure it out, and again, there are good people there, but the bad bosses destroyed their reputation around the country

Hello, I have a diver that got his Divemaster via CBPDS-CMAS in Brazil. He lost his card and we cannot get anyone to answer our emails or to offer any help. Does anyone know exactly who we should contact there? His Instructor was in the Military Circle of Sao Paulo.
Thank you!!
Try the Millitary circle, probably they will be more attentive than CBPDS, anyway i couldn't find nothing about scuba on their site anymore

secretaria@circulomilitar.com.br
+55 11 3056 4055

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom