Coast Guard diver from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board and good luck with your recreational cert. I too crossed over from military to rec. just a suggestion is to take the full class, I did and was happy that I did. It will give you a better understanding of the recreational divers mind set.

Bobby F:
Welcome to the board and good luck with your recreational cert. I too crossed over from military to rec. just a suggestion is to take the full class, I did and was happy that I did. It will give you a better understanding of the recreational divers mind set.
Just remember to not laugh too loud. :rofl:

Glad to hear the CG is re-building some of these assets...too bad it had to take something like 9/11 to bring it about.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Be sure to check out the New England Lobsta Divahs forum and ask for recommendations for a place to get your rec cert. That is the Club forum that covers your local area. That will also be a great place to meet some new dive buddies for you recreational dives. Maybe some of them will show you their secret dive spots! :eyebrow:

Thank you for the service you and your fellow members of the Coast Guard do for us all!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

:sunny :palmtree: Hi there CGdiver,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt-

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

CGdiver:
Hello I guess the norm is to introduce myself. I'm Ron Cooper I graduated from Navy Dive School quite some time ago. I am currently the dive team supervisor on an Anti terrorism team home based in Boston MA. Although I've logged a few dives’ most are PS dives under extreme circumstances with little to no vis. Since I am a military diver I haven’t had the need or chance to get a PATI or NAUI cert. If there are any dive shops in the Boston area that would be willing to help me out with this I would appreciate it.

If you are in Boston on Atlantic ave.
you could check out United Divers in Somerville they are an SSI shop.
they are the closest dive shop from the boston CG.
http://www.uniteddivers.com/

DandyDon:
Just remember to not laugh too loud. :rofl:

Now Don just because the average rec diver does not understand what SOD is you should not laugh, they may get the idea that something is up before you get under water.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
What BobbyF said about taking the whole Rec course.
It's different, but in a good sort of way.

Tom

DepartureDiver:
I saw a military diver and just had to say hi and welcome.

Your from Tahoe thats cool my girlfriend is from grassvalley and it looks like thats where I'm going to be living here in the next few years hows the diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom