Cobra vs. Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cobra has a higher price tag and is console only. Were the vyper can be wrest or consule. Plus what you have already said this is all i can think of that is diffent betwene the cobra and vyper!

Air integration is it. Of course the AI (since its hosed) requires that the Cobra be in a console.

I cannot find any other difference in how they operate - I own one of each.

In other words......if you really want to be accurate on your gas, you must wear redundent gas pressure guage.

Hope you have an spare HPP

AI and going hoseless is such a great idea.....LOL

Right now I have a Vyper and SPG in my console. If I swap the Vyper for the Cobra are there any problems with still using my existing SPG on the same hose as the cobra?

thanks,
russ

rwpatterson357 once bubbled...
Right now I have a Vyper and SPG in my console. If I swap the Vyper for the Cobra are there any problems with still using my existing SPG on the same hose as the cobra?
The Cobra, like your SPG need a high pressure hose to correctly read the pressure in your tank. You could add another HP hose if you had room on your first stage and have a redundant pressure gauge, one digital and one analog.

I like computers but I get a warm fuzzy from the old SPG. I don't want a dead battery to end up in a dead Russ.

Thanks to all who have replied.

sincerely,
russ

It sounds like you would have to have another HP hose for that. I don't think I'd do that myself - I'd just go with the cobra and keep the spg in your gear bag in case the cobra craps out. Otherwise, Go to a wireless AI computer like the vytec and keep the SPG on the HP hose.

warren_l once bubbled...
I'd just go with the cobra and keep the spg in your gear bag in case the cobra craps out.

Here, here. That's what I just did... first dive with the cobra yesterday.

My whole review: damn, I love that thing.

Back
Top Bottom