Cockroach of regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mate what do you want, this is a MkII thread the MkII the most bulletproofest reg of all time
Did you know if you drive over it a MkII with a steam roller it ends up embedded in the roller
I know I've done it
Artistic licencedly!
and it still worked
Artistic licencedly!
After I took the din wheel off.
Not to be a contrarian (oh come on Kosta, that's your favorite hobby)

@lexvil have you pitched this marketing slogan to ScubaPro? :wink: :yeahbaby: :oops: :cool:
As a promotion it would probably be better to follow the sleeper model of Woody, some dude digs around in a dirt filled cave and pulls up a guano covered MK 2, puts it on a tank and goes diving.

Not to be a contrarian (oh come on Kosta, that's your favorite hobby), but it seems like you did a fair bit. The ultrasonic does the majority of the cleaning. O-rings of course need to be replaced, but a number of parts should be reusable. I do get that some regs have cheap parts that won't last and need to be replaced, but I think most of the top and mid tier offerings tend to provide good internal parts.

It would be interesting to do abuse cycles (like leaving in salt water, taking out to let dry for a bit). And after some number of cycles, do a comparison of performance before and after.
It’s ok to be a contrarian, others can learn by your mistakes :wink:

I actually only ran it in the ultrasonic to knock the green stuff off of it, I was going to put the same o rings back in but dropped the HP one someplace, it was still like new.

OT: Just out of curiosity, shouldn't all regs be able to last forever assuming proper maintenance and service kit availability? Are there examples of regs that haven't stood the test of time?
back in the 90's I had a little cheap thing on a pony bottle.... a sherwood octopus...side breathing second stage on it. I forget what the 1st stage was but it was one of those types that bleed gas...a constant tiny stream of bubbles come out the ambient sensing port
**********what do you call those kid of regs?******
Well that horrible little thing didn't stand the test of time. I think I probably dove it some with the tank shut off so water got into the reg and corroded it....maybe not the regulator's fault, but it was a bad design...always a wet breather.
OK i suppose for a low cost "disposable" pony reg. though....

I still have a functioning one that I still dive. Extremely cold water tolerant...

To follow up on the 190, cleaned the corrosion off flipped the seat and put it together, works amazingly well, the warped purge button is back in and it running fine until I get a new button, hopefully Eric has some luck.

the Combe is a very good breathing set up, I enjoy my more complex stuff but it’s fun to occasionally mess with some of these super simple regulators to keep perspective.
615A68BC-BFE5-4ABD-8C12-7D2ED9254642.jpeg

To follow up on the 190, cleaned the corrosion off flipped the seat and put it together, works amazingly well, the warped purge button is back in and it running fine until I get a new button, hopefully Eric has some luck.
I have an extra R190 purge button, no decal but otherwise in good shape. Yours if needed.

Back
Top Bottom