Cold water reg for pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In advance, thanks but lets skip discussing alternatives to a pony.

Comparing price to reliability, what reg do you recommend for a 40cf pony diving cold fresh water (say less than 40F). Obviously, its going to be rarely used but needs to work when required. my main reg is an Aqualung Legend LX but I am not sure I want that much money again and am wondering what alternatives I have.

considering this is a bail out reg you going to be on it a short period of time . anything that is name brand and cheaper will do fine recommendation i like apeks ds4's , diverite rg2500 , mk2,r190 is good also

I have a apex xtx 50 and I use it in Jersey waters without a glitch. Coldest so far has been 38* F with a wet suit, and yes it was cold. Im saving up for that dry suit......

I think deep plans are required there any time on the "deep side" of the wall - so whether the plan is required depends on where you plan to dive in the quarry not necessarily on depth.

That is correct, if you cross the line you need a plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom