Cold Water Regs. - Lake Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface temp at 70??? You aren't diving Lake Michigan. Not even Lannon with all it's goose S**t. I was out today north of Port Washington. Surface temp was 43 and it was 38 on the Mahoning. The air temp out on the boat was around 60......maybe. Milwaukee isn't going to be any better. A piston reg would have free flowed today at depth.
Apex would be a good choice though. Lots of support for them. Just make sure you reg is maintained and environmentally sealed. In these temps you'll want to dive a dry suit too. YMMV.

Jim

After a lot of thought I end up buying from my LDS it's a few blocks away from home I end up paying more than from internet but I have the service. At first I wasn't sure about Dive Rite RG3000 ICE but reading from SB I'm pretty sure this should work, I got a good deal (less than an Apex).
Once I save enough for a pony b. I'll use my tune-up piston w/ environment seal GT3-CDX5 as redundant air source; I want to test this reg with the pony b. as much as possible during dives just to build up confidence from my first experience.
I love this sport the only thing I would change is that we need more chi... ups ladies
diving with us just to keep us in check.
Thanks fellow divers!

I was wrong stating that CDX5-GT3 is a piston reg. It is actually is a diafragm reg. and apparently a decent cold water reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom