Come on then - lets see what you look like!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artsprite,

(Still love that name!). Well, I guess I was amused by the dive platform, but I was impressed by the painting! Is it oil or acryllic? I can't tell from all the way here in CA! At any rate, I liked it. I know this is supposed to be about scuba, but I really love paintings! Do you have a web site with your other work?

Joewr...who got the neatest "palau" on the Big Island--a "palau" is a war club the ancient Hawaiins made from wood and shark teeth and it is a ferocious looking weapon--another kind of art I love is material culture from historic and prehistoric periods...

Thanks for the compliment. I've been wanting to set up my web site so it is a gallery for my paintings but that's another thing I have to learn how to do. Do I need special software to be able to do that? I would love to show off some of my other paintings. After all I'm an artist by profession, (a starving one though) and I'd love to have a website on which to sell. All my paintings are for sale.

As soon as I get a reasonably flattering photo of me in scuba gear, I'll post that too. The only one I have is too ugly, LOL. Remember, I'm still a novice.

Oh, and I thought y'all would get a kick out of our camp house when Caddo Lake was flooded one year. The Texas Swamp Divers Team is actually considering diving this lake (Caddo) from my Dad's 60 ft. houseboat in the Spring when the vegetation is under control. I'm not silly enough to try though, I grew up around this lake. It should be a very interesting experience. Join us if you're crazy enough!

:jester:

I forgot to say that painting is acrylic. I like the quick drying capabilities of the medium. I need instant gratifacation!

....hmmm.... so that's what y'all dive in! How do you SEE anything?

Thanks for sharing the pic of your dive platform, Artsprite... and your painting is very nice too!

Originally posted by artsprite
Thanks for the compliment. I've been wanting to set up my web site so it is a gallery for my paintings but that's another thing I have to learn how to do. Do I need special software to be able to do that? I would love to show off some of my other paintings. After all I'm an artist by profession, (a starving one though) and I'd love to have a website on which to sell. All my paintings are for sale.

Yes artsprite you have to have the software to set up a site, but notepad will do fine if you know html. Here is a site I set up for an artist who is a friend of mine. She is in here late 60's blind in one eye and still the most awesome painter I know. These are some she paints for offices, hotels etc. Her house has every inch of every wall covered with paintings of the masters she has painted and they are VERY good. And to think she is half blind.

Soulfelt.com

If you go to the root you will see a lot of religious painting she has done, but I like these ones more as I am not a big fan of religeous paintings one way or the other.

If you would like to add your artwork like this I could give you the files to modify to make a gallery at least.

This is my favorite My Favorite

Originally posted by artsprite

Yes artsprite you have to have the software to set up a site, but notepad will do fine if you know html. Here is a site I set up for an artist who is a friend of mine. She is in here late 60's blind in one eye and still the most awesome painter I know. These are some she paints for offices, hotels etc. Her house has every inch of every wall covered with paintings of the masters she has painted and they are VERY good. And to think she is half blind.

Soulfelt.com

If you go to the root you will see a lot of religious painting she has done, but I like these ones more as I am not a big fan of religeous paintings one way or the other.

If you would like to add your artwork like this I could give you the files to modify to make a gallery at least.

keralucu, haven't you seen the comment under Texas Mike's posts that says "see such wonders as...your hand in front of your face"

Now you know why after looking at my pictures. LOL, we do have some places clearer than that. come join us sometime.

And, Syrus, if you can give me a link to the files I need to modify my web page, that would be great. I enjoyed seeing the artwork on the page you helpedl set up. Those were interesting paintings and not what I would have expected from a 60ish painter. Great stuff!

Patty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom