Coming to West Palm Beach Feb 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nategasser:
Very cool -- I'm looking forward to meeting Krista, James, maybe Vickie (?), and maybe others (?) next month. Narcosis looks like a good operation. Krista, do we each need to make our reservations, or do you want to book us all together?

James -- Sounds like Krista's in for morning only -- are you up for the afternoon as well?

Nate.

Krista, I really like diving with Susan!

Nate, I'll do the afternoon with you as well. Have you dove West Palm before?

I always dive Nitrox, but, I don't mind coming up a couple of minutes early if I'm diving with an air partner. I usually get to see all I want in the first 30 mins of a dive, and, I start getting cold after 30 mins anyway. Our profiles can be deep though, so, four tanks, back to back, can get you pretty far up there in nitrogen. (I assume you have a computer?)

James,

I'd like to dive Nitrox if they let me. I did all my AOW dives with Nitrox, but wasn't told until the end that I needed to take a separate test to get a Nitrox card. Bah. So that's on my to-do list. Think Narcosis will be picky about me not having an actual Nitrox cert?

And I'm, um, planning to, uh, buy a computer. So I'll have one, but it will still have that new-computer smell, whatever that is. I'll definitely be the greenest diver there, but I hope to keep up :)

Nate.

Nate,

The only operation around here (that I know of) that will allow you to dive Nitrox without certification is Splashdown in Boynton. At least that's what their web site says, I've never dove with them yet.

As for the computer - very good idea! especially in our kind of profiles. The extra few minutes you get in your profile will be helpful here!

And, it sounds like we may not be diving on Narcosis. Krista mentioned that Ray will be out of town. I would mention to all that Ray had someone on board last weekend that appeared to be gearing up to captain the boat in Ray's abcense. Nice guy who works for the Chapman organization in Stuart. I don't know if their plan is to have this new guy run Narcosis while Ray is gone, or, if the boat is truly not running. I was going to check into that.

nategasser:
James,

I'd like to dive Nitrox if they let me. I did all my AOW dives with Nitrox, but wasn't told until the end that I needed to take a separate test to get a Nitrox card. Bah. So that's on my to-do list. Think Narcosis will be picky about me not having an actual Nitrox cert?

And I'm, um, planning to, uh, buy a computer. So I'll have one, but it will still have that new-computer smell, whatever that is. I'll definitely be the greenest diver there, but I hope to keep up :)

Nate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom