Comments on the ToS 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, just go to your Group Preferences (once you are already opted in to Surface Interval) and join.

Not that I think it makes any real difference, but you can sign up for the new forum without opting into SI (as I have)

How about just making them wear a POV Troll badge? :lol2:
:hmmm: Would I get one because I think that every diver needs a SMB and DAN insurance...? :lol2:

No, but the beanie in your avatar is pushing the envelope! :D
:11: Beanie...!

They told me it was a Tam? Got it at the Blarney Castle (yep, I kissed the store, and yeah - I know what the locals do to it), and wear it as Christmastime some...

Net Doc, El O, Howard and the rest of the SB staff... appreciate this initiative.

SB rocks (hey, i do mean this!) :yeahbaby:

appreciate this initiative.
me too

wow, this place run by Christians, Jews and Agnostics is very tolerant and accomodating. (Hmm..Orans does have that cool nativity scene...my only clue.) He must be doing a great job, cause he is impossible to profile!

Don, you definetly qualify as a POV troll regarding DAN and women is bikinis unless they are on alternative websites. But..I like SMB and the hat, so we will let that slide.

I have a small issue with "openly challenges authority" not being more carefully defined. Understand the need, but have seen some authority exercised on the board that needed challenging. (not often, but it has happened) Probably best done with a PM, but sometimes the community needs to be able to voice its displeasure with authority in a resonable and rational way without the risk of being banned for displeasing the PTB. On the other hand the PTB need to be able to control egregious behaviour.

Perhaps "openly and offensively challenges authority"

I have a small issue with "openly challenges authority" not being more carefully defined. Understand the need, but have seen some authority exercised on the board that needed challenging. (not often, but it has happened) Probably best done with a PM, but sometimes the community needs to be able to voice its displeasure with authority in a resonable and rational way without the risk of being banned for displeasing the PTB. On the other hand the PTB need to be able to control egregious behaviour.

Perhaps "openly and offensively challenges authority"
Openly meaning trying to demean us and/or our authority in the open forums. If you have a problem with moderation take it to PMs with the mod in question or post an inquiry in site support. If you are getting nowhere with that, contact me via PM or abuse!ScubaBoard.com.

Openly meaning trying to demean us and/or our authority in the open forums. If you have a problem with moderation take it to PMs with the mod in question or post an inquiry in site support. If you are getting nowhere with that, contact me via PM or abuse!ScubaBoard.com.

Understand that is the intention, but that is not what "openly" means. A simple statement in the forums that I don't like that SB staff closed a particular thread and asking for input/discussion from others could be construed as "openly challenges authority". Anyway not an arguement, just a point - I personally have had only one issue, a PM was sent and the issue disappeared shortly thereafter as I gather I was not alone in registering a complaint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom