Common Use of the Term AI when talking computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm. Interesting topic.

I know for me, when I think about AI computers, I'm thinking AI with a transmitter as I don't see any reason whatsoever for me to go back to a console.

That said, I do understand that there are other types of AI computers, so if I'm discussing this in general, I will try to differentiate by using wrist-mount or console. I try to avoid using the term "hoseless" when typing because auto-correct doesn't like it. It often gets changed to either horseless or homeless.

My first computer was actually an AI console (Pro Plus 2). At the time, my regulator only had a single HP port, so the SPG had to go. That made the transition to wrist mount AI a bit easier. I had already built up some trust with AI tech, so since then, my SPG has lived in my SAD kit.

Just curious about how others interpret and/or use the term AI?

PS..... Not talking about Artificial Intelligence!!! :)
In the context of dive gear, I interpret AI as air integrated/integration. If we're talking about a wrist computer then I presume AI means wireless/hoseless AI. If talking about a console AI computer (e.g., the Oceanic Pro Plus) I presume AI via the hp hose.

Context is key.

Back
Top Bottom