Compact fin for small (women's) feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattia_v

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We bought two sets of Oceanic Accels (formerly Aeris) earlier this year. While they fit me and my size 12 feet very well, my girlfriend's size 6-7 feet are less happy in the XS size - pocket depth is fine, but pocket width is absurdly wide, even with with the hard soles neoprene shoes/booties. We dive Bonaire, so open heel is a must. Anyone have a recommendation for a similar open heel fin that's appropriately sized for smaller feet?

Take a look at the Aqualung HotShot. Compact, looks like an open heel but designed to be worn bare foot or with a sock or light boot if necessary to protect feet. Very good power, a function of broad blade design.

I had good luck with the Hollis F2. I have hard soled booties, size small. I'm only 5'5" and I also liked that the blades were shorter.

Thanks, but I don't think they'll fix the issue. The foot pockets on the XS are fine in depth and height but they are far too wide.

Yes, mine are a size down and inserts (merrells inside the booties) work for me, but you can't go a size smaller from xs. :(
I think (some?) US Divers fins are sized for bare feet too.

I am the same size, I too found the Accel foot pocket rather large for an XS. The DiveRite XT in small fits me well in 5mm boots. The fin is not too long, the same length or a tad longer than the Accel IIRC. They are a little stiff but I frog kick so it's a good thing. I've owned many many fins on the market and find the DR XT to be one of the best all round fins I've used to date.

I had the same fitting issue with the small F2, the foot pocket is huge, seems to me more Drysuit boot designed than wetsuit. I sold mine.

Try the Cressi's - esp. the Frog Plus or Reaction. XS/S are women's size 6-8.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom