Comparing St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Croix, & Antigua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ed! I didn't know SCUBA picked up off the cruiseship dock, that's good to know! Island girl, another wonderful dive shop on St. Croix is St. Croix SCUBA. They certified both myself and my hubby when we first moved down.:) You can't go wrong with any of the dive shops on St. Croix mentioned here, all wonderful with genuinely great people who obviously love what they do. And I wholeheartedly agree with what Ed said, if you book your dive trip or any excursion on your own (not through the ship) you will get a much better deal.

Some good info here. My wife and I are planning a trip to the area in March of 2012. At this point we are thinking of staying on St Thomas and diving there, but maybe taking a day or two to go to St. Croix and dive with SCUBA (read great reviews of this place). It will be our second trip of the winter season, so trying to do it as economically as possible. Would like advice on where to stay and logistics on getting to St Croix (or should we just stay there?).

Finally, my wife would really love to have a chance to see whales while we're there. Any chance we will hit the migration during mid to late March?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

FYI - My wife and I were OW certified last February in Roatan (we did bookwork and pool time here in South Dakota) where we did 19 dives, then in March we went to the Floriday Keys and got in two more dives, and earlier this month we did two dives in Mexico. So, you can see how much we both love to dive. I only wish we would have found this passion earlier. Now we're just trying to make up for lost time. :)

The chances of seeing whales diminishes the further into March you go. February is the primary month for whales sightings as the Humpbacks migrate through here then.

As a dive update -- N2theBlue now has a 2nd location servicing the Salt River Canyon/The Wall. Looking forward to seeing all of you reading this, any year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom