Complete SeaLife DC1000 Maxx Package. Dual Strobes+Wide Angle+Hard Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedement

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Fellow Divers,

This is my first classified on ScubaBoard so if I do this incorrectly I sincerely apologize. I just listed my underwater setup on eBay and just thought I would post it here in the event someone was in the market for this setup. My reserve right now is $749 as I figured if I parted the system out I would get more than that but I just can't do that. Below is what I copied & pasted from my eBay listing.

Sealife DC1000 Digital MAXX Underwater Camera, Dual Strobes, Wide-Angle Lens, Macro Lens, Pelican Case with custom fit foam padding

This camera has been used on about 4 scuba diving trips. So yes, it is in fantastic condition but with a few dive trips, there will be a little bit of scratches on the outside case. Not on the lenses or actual camera though. I treated this baby with kit gloves.

Why I am selling?: I don’t get to dive as often as I used to as we had a baby so I’m selling my toys to buy diapers, toys, baby clothes, and paying for the rare baby sitter. Anyone want to buy a convertible? I'm being serious. Anyway, I’ve taken some great shots with the camera. It has never failed, never flooded, always delivered. This was my pride and joy when I was diving!

I have a little under $2,000 into this entire setup with all of the accessories. The DC800 (8MB) setup like this one is still selling for $999 at LeisurePro right now. That doesn’t even include the $200 wide-angle lens or the custom fit Pelican case.

The underwater pictures I posted were taken with this camera during a dive trip to Beqa Lagoon, Fiji. I am an amateur as this was my first underwater camera and my first trip with an underwater camera. The camera makes taking good pictures so easy. It definitely enhances your skill level. My ego and confidence level increased about 2 notches which is a pretty big deal for me. You can search other websites and see better examples of what this camera can do but it does take simply amazing underwater photos with little ease on the user’s part.

What is included:

·Everything you need in my opinion

·10MP SeaLife DC1000 Camera

·Underwater Housing

·Dual Digital Strobes - 2 Strobes!!!

·$200 SeaLife SL970 Wide Angle Lens and SeaLife lens dock

·Macro Lens ($20 cheapie but actually works surprisingly well)

·Hard pelican case custom fit for this camera with foam padding. Can check as luggage!

·Battery Charger for dual strobes

·International power adapters

·Camera charger cord
·Weights for buoyancy

·2 extra O-rings. You want need them as you don’t grease the O-ring with this housing. Always good to have back-ups though.

·Original DC1000 Camera manual

·All original manuals that came with this package

·Housing ultra-neat feature: Dedicated place for Moisture Munchers. Truly awesome feature you will enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom