For Sale Complete set of Dive Gear Aqual Lung, size mens L - motivated seller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leavitt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a full set of dive gear 5 years ago, shortly after I was relocated for work and no longer live close to the water. This is basically brand new, used maybe 10 times. PM for pics. was around 6000 new, great deal for someone getting into the sport. PM for pics

Aqua Lung Pro QD BCD - 350
Aqua Lung Titan XL First stage/second stage/Octopus - 400
Aqua Lung Matrix 3.0 computer - 250
Bare Wetsuit size L - 300
Aqua Lung Fins- 50
Aqua Lung 7mm hood - 25
Aqua Lung 5mm thermocline glove - 15
Princeton Torch - 50
Aqua Lung Luggage bag - 175

thanks

Jeff

if you really spent 6000 on that gear originally, you should be reporting a robbery to your local police station

I guess I should clarify, I live in Canada, and it was bought from a dive shop at retail value, so I guess it is what it is, like I said, looking to sell, if the prices are off for resale market than make a reasonable offer!

Thanks!

that is still 4400+ usd

at full current retail:

aqualung core supreme: 475
aqualung core octo: 220
pro hd bc: 500
7mm wetsuit: 435
i550 computer: 580
total: 2210

that still doesn't get you anywhere close to 4400 unless if you are saying hood/gloves/boots/fins and a luggage bag are worth 2 grand

From IDC in Vancouver:

Core LX Supreme $540 List $600
Core octo $256 List $284
Pro HD BCD $495 List $550
i550 $855 List $950
Bare 7mm Velocity $430 (not enough info to really say on the wetsuit though - there are wide variations in price between models)

So using the same subset, $2,576 CAD. If he did pay full list as suggested, $2,814 CAD based on IDC's information.

Still suggestive of over pricing. Not bought locally in Ottawa according to the OP, so no idea as to the general reputation of the shop where purchased.

To the OP, some unsolicited advice: no matter what you might be selling, what you paid for it is not relevant. Used market pricing is all that matters. Potential buyers do not care how much of a bath you may or may not be taking. Might sound harsh, but you know this is true.

By posting that irrelevant information, your simple for sale post has resulted in unnecessary derailment of your thread. If it were me, I would self report this post to the mods to see if they would be willing to delete it so you can start over.

Your asking prices aren't horrible, particularly if in new condition.

Alternatively, there is some excellent local diving here. If you are interested, PM me and I will get you hooked up with a great group of local divers I hit the St. Lawrence with each summer. We do a lot of no cost shore dives / drift dives on the old seaway locks, as well as some weekend charters to some of the excellent wrecks in the river. Morrison's Quarry just over the river in Quebec is another available dive site that is even closer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom