Computer on wrist or in console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both ... AI computer (on a hose) in console, backup computer on wrist ... plus a brass & glass SPG. Or I can decide which computer is going to serve as backup on a given trip.

Sorry off topic, but I'm a newb... What is meant by the term hooveriest? I've read it here before but not quite sure what is meant by it. I always thought you wanted to have good buoyancy and "hover" in the water, thus your air consumption will improve...

Here's the Hoover in question.

Attachments

• hoover.jpg
    hoover.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 38
Toss a coin and you're just as likely to have the right answer. There are valid arguments for or against either, which is why they make both. Personally, I use a wrist mount, maintaining a full function analog console, but that's me. you should do whatever works for you.

I agree with the wrist majority here, and I keep mine on my right wrist, left arm controls bouyancy. I still maintain my backup in my old console, though, which kept me from making the world wait for me twice. Once, I left the wrist computer in the car after I suited up and walked down to the water. Caught during buddy check, but the dive was ony 25 ft deep (town pier in Bonaire), so I just used the console computer, rather than walk back to the car fully suited up. 2nd time I remembered the wrist computer, but I left it in Nitrox mode while diving air in Maui. It's a Cressi computer, which goes into error if you don't set EAN% on EVERY dive when in Nitrox mode, so it went to ERR at 6 feet under. Again, I could have gone back up the 6 whole feet and set it, but I had the other computer, so I didn't. Funny how the DM didn't believe me when I explained why my computer was beeping and in ERR mode. Since my console computer is air only, I was fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom