harness mount for shearwater peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently mount my backup computer (a Hollis TX-1) in a boot on my harness. This keeps down the clutter on my wrists. I'm thinking about options for mounting a (second) peregrine in the same way to give it a little protection as gear is hauled in and out of boats. The only commercial boot I'm aware of is the console boot with a spot for an SPG. Has anyone done something like this? it doesn't have to be especially pretty, but should withstand being hauled into a zodiac or other small boat.

Put in a pocket.
Good idea, but then I'd need to make a pocket to attach to the harness of my backplate/wing :wink:

I decided to mount it to my camera tray, since that gets more gentle treatment than my harness, plus I'm looking at it all the time anyway. Slid some inner tube over one of the arms and did a "cross-over" with the included bungie. I should maybe do one more knot (so it takes 3 failures to fall off), but it seems pretty solid.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 9
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom