Computer suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Usually it's best to have two of the same computers for algorithm purposes.

It sounds like you were diving 2 different computers so if you are going to use Oceanic I would at least go with the VEO 2.0. Two button system is better for scrolling and gets you into back-lighting and alarms.

Because of the buttons the VEO 3.0 is even easier for scrolling, has bigger #'s and does two gasses.

New Oceanics have 2 algorithms so the more conservative (Z+) maybe close to your Suunto. The new Oceanics have been preforming great. Check out the features and see what is right for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the oceanic because it is less conservative than the Suunto. I know, I know, I should probably go by the more conservative one, and I usually do, But I look at it as having a second opinion from a different doctor instead of a different doc in the same practice.

I got a response from Oceanic, and It looks like I will just get this one repaired for $110. Probably my cheapest deal, and If i want a better computer in the future, I can always use this one for the kids.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom