Computer with Heart Rate???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yeah, Catherine... One of my good buddies is stationed in Hawaii and is coming back to IL in June for a month with his wife and kids (kids, plural! I can't even wrap my mind around the first one). He does some fishing and spear fishing out there when he isn't on a tour and I want to baffle him with my knowledge of Hawaii.

What are the good spots out there? If you wouldn't mind I could use some inside info so I sound like I know what I'm talking about. I'm thinking about making up some story about vacationing in Hawaii and forgetting that they lived there, oops!

Thanks,
JB

Tell him you drifted Spitting Caves and you could not believe how many whales you saw calving and how huge the Tiger Sharks were. Tell him you were sucked into the Atlantis Subamarine when you were going from the Yo257 to the San Pedro and the tourists just took your picture while you flailed for your life, trying to free yourself.
Tell him when you penetrated The Mahi on the west side your car was stolen but you were not upset because Jack Johnson gave you a ride back to your beachhouse on the north shore, where the Hawaiian Tropics models were hanging out at the pool when you got there.....that should do it.

RockPile:
More to the point, I take it you don’t know of a computer that has this?

Sure don't, sorry. Maybe check out what the freedivers are using?

I get your point that heart rate is every bit as effective as SAC. Additionally, knowing your heart rate would give you more real-time feedback on how much you were exerting yourself, and that could be helpful information.

Bottom line, if tracking your heart rate during your dives is going to make your dives more enjoyable for you, go for it!

Please share what information you find with us, I'm sure it'll be very interesting, and we'll probably learn something.

-Brandon

catherine96821:
Tell him you drifted Spitting Caves and you could not believe how many whales you saw calving and how huge the Tiger Sharks were. Tell him you were sucked into the Atlantis Subamarine when you were going from the Yo257 to the San Pedro and the tourists just took your picture while you flailed for your life, trying to free yourself.
Tell him when you penetrated The Mahi on the west side your car was stolen but you were not upset because Jack Johnson gave you a ride back to your beachhouse on the north shore, where the Hawaiian Tropics models were hanging out at the pool when you got there.....that should do it.

Oh, my gosh. That's too great! Thanks a ton, Catherine. I'm going to have to really work at a straight face. That's some good stuff. :)

fairbanksdiver:
Please share what information you find with us, I'm sure it'll be very interesting, and we'll probably learn something.

-Brandon

Absolutely, if I find anything I'll post back up in here. But honestly, I don't think it exists in a form where it's integrated with other scuba functions. Bummer. I just don't get it; it seems obvious.

If any of you guys see one be sure to post. I appreciate the responses.

Thanks,
JB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom