Computers versus Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
I don't think UP does too many square profiles..
Even the dives on the Columbia (111 for 45 and 104 for 47) and the Chadiere (129 for 31) were multilevel... though some of the time was spent mid water watching the stuff... in this case the stuff was other divers hanging on a line. :D

UP, your point is taken. I agree with that. :)

My point is that I see many divers and have read many manuals. To the standard diver, decompression tables read as I have indicated.

BTW, I picked that depth because I have done a deco dive to that depth. I took the NDL off of the IANTD tables that I carry with me in my BC. They are even still wet from yesterday.

I am always open to hearing new info. But, I do not feel that diving a computer has rotted my brain. I was making the point that some of us that use dive computers do have an inkling of how to use a dive table. They just appear to be less practical than a conservative computer to most of us. Another point was that some instructors require students to learn that a dive table indicates residual nitrogen and how to figure it SAFELY.

It is amazing what one learns when they start down that path that isn't pure "recreational diving", isn't it? I never knew that there were so many debates about how to do things in the diving community until I started to add to my basic certifications with training from another agency.

Safe Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom