Computers with Macintosh software from the manufacturer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're a 3rd party logbook developer but with a slightly different philosophy - we try to work *with* the manufacturers published software and not (always) try and replace it completely. So we try to keep track of who supports the Mac environment and incorporate support for importing from it. So we have a pretty good list of what works on the Mac, which is not to say we currently support importing from them all though :)

ScubaPro JTrak - not technically supported by ScubaPro anymore but still in use because it's the only thing that supports the older dive computer models
ScubaPro Logtrak - only supports Meridian for now
Subgear - in theory, will work with the above software
Atomic - Ditto what Ron says
Suunto DM4 - supports most modern Suunto models
Shearwater - supplies Shearwater Desktop application
Liquivision - forwards to HHS Software and VPlanner and MultiDeco
Mares - forwards to Divers Diary in the Mac App Store and the iOS App Store
Cressi - supplies CressiPCInterface software
Reefnet Sensus Ultra - supplies Sensus Manager

I don't own one of each of these computers so can't confirm that each application will be able to do something like a firmware upgrade on a Mac if applicable, but it "looks" like it's possible in theory.

Janice
More Mobile Software

Looking at the English version of the Heinrichs Weikamp website, it looks to me like they only supply Windows software. They rely on 3rd party logbook software for the Mac.

Calling it a Macintosh is old school! My first was a 128k - which was yours?

Calling it a Macintosh is old school! My first was a 128k - which was yours?

You never forget your first! Mine was a Macintosh SE with a 20 MB HD in 1987. I thought I'd never fill that giant drive. I followed that with a Performa 6205CD in 1995, the one that had the 28.8 modem recalled. I replaced that one with a PowerMac G4-450 Sawtooth in 2000, it's still on my desk as a server and I'm typing this on an iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8 - 24 I got in 2008.

25 years with 4 Macintoshes, can't beat the longevity of these things. Non-warranty repairs, one HD in the iMac. Warranty repairs, one recalled modem on the Performa and one memory module in the G4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom