Computeur redundancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Njord fr

Njord fr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Can computer redundancy be achieved with two computers of different brands?
Example: one Shearwater and one OSTC.

Thanks !

Sure, they might (almost certain) give different deco values but that's not an issue diving a predetermined plan. They all do time and depth.

Yes

Hi,

Thanks !
Any two computers with comparable configuration - same deco algorithm + settings such as GF + correctly configured gases - would work well together.

I wouldn't mix a computer running Buhlman with RGBM (Suunto) as you might get two different deco schedules and would either need to follow both or bend one computer. Same thing for running Buhlman with currently recommended gradient factors together with VPM. It makes for busy ascents when each computer shows you something else or happen to randomly flash a warning.

You could also run the deco and TTS on one computer and use the second computer as a bottom timer with a pre-written plan in your wetnotes. Then it doesn't matter what brand it is, as long as it shows runtime, depth and preferably also average depth.

Hi,

Thanks !
I've been diving that combo for years, and have been very happy with it :).

I can just tell you from my experience that even with two computers (shearwater perdix 2 TI & Mares Sirius) set to same gradientfactors they don't show exactly the same. They are always off a bit which can be annoying from time to time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom