Conditions at Hathways?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That pond doesn't ever really get warm....that 55 that G was reporting was right at the surface. At depth it will be in the 40s until probably July. It *might* have raised a degree in the last 2 weeks. And it wasn't really 2 weeks ago, it was 9 days ago. :)

At the end of May last year, it was 46 degrees according to my log...the water has been colder this year so far, though.

BBrrrrrrrrrrrr, yeah I know what you mean about it not getting all that warm. I was there in early May last year and the thermocline seemed to be something like 25 or 30 feet right at the edge of the silt and it was 46F.

You are also dead-on with the temps not movin gmuch over the last few weeks/days too. The weather we are having is definitely "spring like" just early April Spring...

Soggy, I ABSOLUTELY appreciate you effort to report the conditions, never meant to seem like a weiner! I am just getting awful antsy to toss on the gear to get wet.

~stu

scubastew:
....I'm hoping to get out Monday.....
scubastew:
... I am just getting awful antsy to toss on the gear to get wet...
I work within walking distance of the pond. If you need a buddy during the week, give me a shout. I'll skip out of work, do the dive, and be back before they notice I'm missing!

Be warned though- I'll be nice and toasty in my dry suit. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom