Conference in Ft Lauderdale, where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually Sea Experience is at Bahia Mar. Pro Dive is not attached to any resort but there is a restaurant in the same building. I don't think any dive ops are at Bahia Cabana.

But they are all under five minutes walking from each other :wink:

Walking distance yes, but I just wanted to clarify who was with what resort and who is not with a resort. :wink:

Hey guys, this is some good info here! Ya gotta love SB!

Anyway, I will definitely be in Fort Lauderdale and looking for a morning dive on both April 7 & 8. I will go online and check out Sea Experience.

Those dates are a Wed and Thur. If anyone wants to dive, please let me know. It's always easier when you show up with a buddy!

Hey guys, this is some good info here! Ya gotta love SB!

Anyway, I will definitely be in Fort Lauderdale and looking for a morning dive on both April 7 & 8. I will go online and check out Sea Experience.

Those dates are a Wed and Thur. If anyone wants to dive, please let me know. It's always easier when you show up with a buddy!

One of my buddies plus a friend are visiting from the Great White North that week so I'm already entertaining and diving with her and her friend so I might as well entertain and dive with all of y'all at the same time.

I'm reverifying her trip details and I'll set up some dives for us.

I just called Sea Experience and they wouldn't take reservations this far in advance (greater than two weeks).

I'm game to join you, and I appreciate the offer!

What do you mean by "....set up some dives for us"?

The end of June I have a conference in Ft Lau. It will only run 3 days so I thought, hmmm, never been diving around Florida. One thing lead to another:crafty:. So I could rent a car and drive down to ... wherever. Or just hang around and dive the F.L. area. Any suggestions? I'd like to dive 3 or 4 days 2-4 dives a day. I would like to stay at some place where I can store my gear (hate hauling it to the boat everyday) so extra credit for a place that will store and rinse my gear so I can just dive. I prefer diving from a boat. Although I'm certified for wreck diving (or a certified wreck) I enjoy critters more. Open to suggestions - thanks:confused:

Been there (meeting in Ft Lauderdale) and done that (dive while visiting). Personally, I would drive up to Boynton and dive with Underwater Explorers https://securec7.ezhostingserver.com/diveboyntonbeach-com/indexs.cfm If the schedule does not work out, consider driving up to Jupiter and diving with JDC Scuba Diving Jupiter with Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida. You can reserve your spots with either using their web-based reservation systems.

Enjoy your meeting in Ft Lauderdale, sometimes I even attend some of mine.

Good diving, Craig

I just called Sea Experience and they wouldn't take reservations this far in advance (greater than two weeks).
Hmm, I'm really surprised at that...still, they are my favorite dive op in Broward and I'm booked for this coming Sunday with them. If you're diving mid-week, don't worry about the boat filling up unless it's mini-season, but that's not until July.

Debby, I thought the Kayuba picnic was this Sunday.
/end hijack.

Jenny, it is and if you remember, I told you that I couldn't make the dive and would arrive later for lunch...you should still go to it if you can. :) The picnic was set after I booked this dive with some friends.

Since this is hijacked anyway, all locals invited but you must RSVP.

Back on topic, to the OP, if you dive on Friday that's my day off, let me know. :)

I'm going to call Sea Experience back on Friday. Both days will be within their two week scheduling period.

Deepstops, let me know what your thoughts are.....about setting up dives, etc. If you meant with Sea Experience, that's fine. But if you meant something else, then I won't schedule with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom