Confirmation about xDeep Stealth's BC mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Progen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Putting together another Razor style harness and I thought that I'll pair this one off with the Stealth BC. Have downloaded the manual and looked it over a few times. What I saw was two loops on each side where they had bungee cords and one loop at the lowest point. Is that all or are there any slots like on the UTD Z-trims for the back webbing to go through?

The reason I'm asking if because I haven't ordered the BC yet but I'd really like to get this harness PERFECT and have been adjusting every D-ring with OCD madness so it's going to be a bit of a pain if the BC requires the harness to be dismantled for part of the webbing to be slotted in.

I dive Razor with the Stealth 2.0. No slots, just three bungee attachments. Works great.

Do you use the bungee loop thing or are your bungees tied / clipped to the shoulder D-rings?

I made two rigs: cold and warm water. Cold water rig (w/ heavy steels) I use loop bungees and a nomad buttplate. Warm water rig I have a continuous bungee which I will be changing over to loops. Way more advantages to that. Single bungee & snaps to the d-rings adds clutter and pins the d-ring down. I like the positioning of the bottles better when using loops as well.

Do you use the bungee loop thing or are your bungees tied / clipped to the shoulder D-rings?

On the stealth the wing is not attached to the harness at all. You bungee it around your body and position it wherever you like, you can adjust at any point as necessary.

On the stealth the wing is not attached to the harness at all. You bungee it around your body and position it wherever you like, you can adjust at any point as necessary.

I know but what I was asking was about the bungee securing the valves.

I know but what I was asking was about the bungee securing the valves.

The bungees to secure the valves should look like this:

unaqerez.jpg

Thanks, moody s. That part I know. I was referring to the other side near to your shoulder D-rings. According to the xDeep manual, there are two ways of doing. One is the 'usual' way of looping around and tying under the D-ring. The other is their sliding loop. What I was curious about was the sliding loop method because the only images I've seen were from the side. Is the loop fixed to the D-ring or slide? If not, do the valves bob up and down as the bungee pulls the loop down and there's more play in the cord?

xdeep.gif

I'll check mine when I get home tonight and let you know.

Thanks, moody s. That part I know. I was referring to the other side near to your shoulder D-rings. According to the xDeep manual, there are two ways of doing. One is the 'usual' way of looping around and tying under the D-ring. The other is their sliding loop. What I was curious about was the sliding loop method because the only images I've seen were from the side. Is the loop fixed to the D-ring or slide? If not, do the valves bob up and down as the bungee pulls the loop down and there's more play in the cord?

View attachment 163127

Mine are set on the sliding method, pic below. The tanks do not move at all! But the key to this is ensuring the bungee is very tight. I have to use a fair but of force to get the bungee over the valve, it barely makes it over but does and then the tanks are rock solid and snug with zero movement. If it makes a difference, Patrick Widman was my sidemount cave instructor and helped me set mine up so I think it is a very accurate representation of how the inventor intended it to be used. I think you just have to set it up and then test it out a bit in the pool, if the tanks move from the valve end then you're bungees are probably too loose. You sound like the sort of person who enjoys tinkering with gear and building your own stuff otherwise I would have just recommended buying the stealth harness as it's really good. The central weight pocket is fantastic especially as i change exposure protection with much regularity. Also the different levels of stiffness in the various parts of the harness is a great touch. Good luck, hope it works out well for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376364936.588049.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376364947.688110.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom