Conshelf servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finflipper49

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am posting this for a friend and newer diver. He bought 3 conshelf reg sets. One is the Sea3 supreme and the other to ( I believe) are conshelf 21's. I called the dive shop about having them serviced and adding the dry enviromental seal kit to them and they told me they can't add a kit to them, so basically, they will always be nonenviromentaly sealed. Then I asked them about the Sea3 supreme having changed to the dry enviro kit and they told me once I have the supreme serviced, it will no longer be enviromentally sealed. I understand not using the silicone oil, but I thought you could put the dry kit on. Am I missing something here. Aren't the kits the same as the Titan or the Sea4? I see kits on them all the time and my own Titan has it. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

I would recommend you find a different Aqua Lung dealer. The information that dive shop gave you is wrong.

I have converted many Conshelf (for friends and for myself) with the dry environmental kits. I actually just ordered several more kits for a few more Conshelf of mine.

The dry environmental kit for the Conshelf and Titan is part number: 100525 (Dry Environmental Kit, Conshelf/ Titan, Complete).

You can download the service manual (with part numbers) from Vintage Double Hose.com (Vintage Double Hose ) look at the bottom of the page for downloads.

You may may also contact Bryan at VDH to see if he will service the regulators for you. He may be able to get you the environmental kits.

Luis, a couple of questions:

1) How is the kit the same for the Conshelf and Titan? Conshelfs have a chrome finish while the Titans are more of a natural grey finish. I would think the spring retainer should have a different finish for each model or are they mismatched.

2) Have these kits dropped in price? Last I remembered they cost over $100.00. Isn't it cheaper just to buy a sealed model from eBay?

Last edited:
They are not the same finish, but I like the contrast of the dull gray and shiny finish.

I am not sure of the going price. They are not cheap, but they are definitely less than $100. I have not seen a dry environmental sealed Conshelf on eBay. Dry Titan's are available, but they are also rare. I actually like the hose routing of the Conshelf 21 better than the Titan (unless you need the extra port for a drysuit).

I use them mostly for stage bottles, so hose routing doesn't mater much. I always dive an Argonaut.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

Who is Lois?

Who is Lois?

Isn't she the wife on Family Guy?

latest

I think I need my eyesight checked. I originally wrote Louis but remembered your name is Luis but I deleted the "u" instead of the "o". I hosed up another post doing the same thing.
blind.gif

I always dive an Argonaut.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

Spoke with the original poster and will get them taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom