contemplating mounting my Gopro to my can light??? thaughts please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i need help, i am having major issues with my gopro footage,, i went from the crappiest sd card to the fastest speed and bloody expensive and still am shooting choppy film,, why??? please help

Here is a Moray I did using the Snake River Prototyping Blurfix with the Cyan filter, and a GoProHD mounted to about 5 feet of PVC. The lighting was a Light Monkey 50W I believe. I think I am going to go back and re-shoot this guy with the clear filter as I think the Light Monkey provides plenty of color spectrum.
moray eel - YouTube

Things to rule out.

HD speed--probably not.
Processor--maybe/maybe not.
Video card----good possibility, I would copy the video file to 2 different computers running different video cards and test.

If it runs choppy on an obvious high end computer, then check the camera itself by reformatting the card and checking all settings.

just my 2psi

This is the way I mounted my gopro to my dive light. IT used the plate that the go pro was mounted on and drilled 2 holes for the ubolt.
I too am having issues with choppy video on R3. did not notice the problem in the pool, but did at 40' down. I tried watching the video on my travel netbook and on my tablet with android OS. I haven't tried it on my bigger computers, but will soon. I will try to upload a clip later on.

photo.jpg

Use R4 setting underwater...i find it works a little better...and i use the headstrap mount...great first person cave diving vids. I have a LM 9w LED and it works pretty well...

Turns out it was the netbook that was causing problems. What a difference a few extra gig of RAM will do. No chop now.

This is the way I mounted my gopro to my dive light. IT used the plate that the go pro was mounted on and drilled 2 holes for the ubolt.
I too am having issues with choppy video on R3. did not notice the problem in the pool, but did at 40' down. I tried watching the video on my travel netbook and on my tablet with android OS. I haven't tried it on my bigger computers, but will soon. I will try to upload a clip later on.

View attachment 103910

I use the torch with my blurfix gopro, although I just used the adhesive mount base directly to the torch body, works perfectly!
I use a patriot class 10, 32gb sd card and I load onto vimeo- have no issues at all.
Hustler wreck leopard shark on blurfix go pro on Vimeo

Back
Top Bottom