Contemplating trip to St. Lawrence River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome—thanks again for the great info., folks.

We will be coming from Canada (Ontario) back to the States (we're US citizens). Is there any advantage to us using a dive op on one side of the border vs. the other?

Since I have to spend half my paycheck at Dive tech anyway and I really like the guys on the 'other' side. Most of the wrecks are in Canadian waters, with the exception of the Keystorm and the America. Staying there then is only a one day hassle with customs, not sure what it is like staying on our side and diving the Canadian wrecks.

thanks again, all. I've just booked our trip with Dive Brockville (a one-stop shop for rental gear and diving, which saves us some time on both ends). really looking forward to this. I'll report back after the trip.

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 12:23 PM ----------

p.s. looks like we'll dive the Gaskin and Lillie out of Brockville.

Will be doing this dive also in 3weeks! Going to dive the Keystorm the day after. Kinda will be our first local dive holiday, 5 days/4 nights.

3 Weeks? I'll be up the weekend of the 22nd. Probably diving with Underwhere again.

We will be diving with Dive Brockville Monday-Wednesday mornings. Brockville on Monday/Wed and Rockport(Keystorm) on the Tuesday. Hoping for some rocking drifts!!

Staying in Prescott. Is it worth the quick hop to Ogdensburg?

We will be diving with Dive Brockville Monday-Wednesday mornings. Brockville on Monday/Wed and Rockport(Keystorm) on the Tuesday. Hoping for some rocking drifts!!

Staying in Prescott. Is it worth the quick hop to Ogdensburg?

Can't help with Ogdensburg, but I will say I really love diving the Keystorm though...

That's what I gathered, hence the reason for doing both dives on the Keystorm! We opted for the BBQ lunch too, sadly it's only offered on the Helen C in Brockport, the Silent Diver in Rockport - sandwiches and chips only.. :(

Just glad we didn't book this week, what a wet morning and it isn't very warm.

Caiger's will do a bagged lunch, to take on the boat, with you. You can arrange pick up at Caiger's, from 1000 Islands Pleasure Diving or River Diver boat Charters. :)

Back
Top Bottom