Cookies or arrows?

Cookies or arrows? And where were you trained?

• Mexico -- cookies

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Mexico -- arrows

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Florida -- cookies

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Florida -- arrows

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure it will be. :D You should be doing Intro dives that we could only do on 1/3s because of the flow!

Hey , we have been swimming quite a ways in Manatee because of the low flow :D
Were not super-divers by any means , just taking advantage of the conditions right now.
Flow is still down in JB , Little River , Manatee etc.
Ginnie is Ginnie :rofl3:

Da Bean

P.S. I have not read the entire thread , but did anyone mention the INFAMOUS Glory Markers? :popcorn:

No glory markers mentioned.

I have seen your cookie in King's Bypass...

No glory markers mentioned.

I have seen your cookie in King's Bypass...

Isn't that just the most AWESOME tunnel you have ever seen?
(Well , for me it is..) :D
Oh , said cookie has now been pulled by said owner ;
(my 2nd trip thru the bypass)

Thanks!
Jean

I agree Sac is inconsistent. The three arrows at the Paso jump has the double pointing upstream with the single toward Grand (downstream). The upstream is a bit closer. But your explanation seems strange, too. If it were simply closest versus alternate, you'd see triples all over the place, except Chan Hol. You don't. At the T to Calimba the double arrows point toward Grand which is further than the single pointing to Calimba. In that case, the single is on the Calimba line because of several restrictions on the Calimba line. As you say, inconsistent.

On the line from Dos Ojos to Dos Palmas, there is a triple at the Mott Mott jump with the double pointing downstream to Dos Palmas and the single back to Dos Ojos. Mott Mott jump is at the midpoint.

There is an active cat and mouse game going on in Mexico over lines and arrows that is a continuation of the nonsense which has been going on for the last decade.

hmm, couple of things... the first tripple arrow, at the jump to paseo de largo, is actualy (grand side) < (stelagmite) >> (hotul side) - we will cookie between the >> and the stelagmite if we're going the hotul direction. if we're jumping to paseo de largo, we jump off the single arrow, or if it's used, place our own and jump off it.

also, at calimba, the last time I saw it (may 07), its now a continuous line from grand into calimba, with a jump to continue towards the paseo de los dos pozos.

(edit) found the (bad) panoramic I took of it in Nov 06 that shows the line going into calimba (where the snap & gap used to be)

hmm, couple of things... the first tripple arrow, at the jump to paseo de largo, is actualy (grand side) < (stelagmite) >> (hotul side) - we will cookie between the >> and the stelagmite if we're going the hotul direction. if we're jumping to paseo de largo, we jump off the single arrow, or if it's used, place our own and jump off it.

also, at calimba, the last time I saw it (may 07), its now a continuous line from grand into calimba, with a jump to continue towards the paseo de los dos pozos.

(edit) found the (bad) panoramic I took of it in Nov 06 that shows the line going into calimba (where the snap & gap used to be)

The passages are actually Paso de Lagarto and Paso de los Pozos. As of last month, the line to Calimba is a T with the mainline continuing into Paso de los Pozos.

figures, it changed again (we didnt go that way this trip, just jumped into Bosh Chen). (checking paper map, stamped Copyright QRSS 2000) yep, its Paso de Lagarto, but the other shows as Paso de los Dos Pozos.

figures, it changed again (we didnt go that way this trip, just jumped into Bosh Chen). (checking paper map, stamped Copyright QRSS 2000) yep, its Paso de Lagarto, but the other shows as Paso de los Dos Pozos.

Interesting. My QRSS map is dated 2000, as well. It's the color version which was printed in 2006. I'll see if I can find an older version and ask Bil Phillips why the change. I know of at least one other mistake on my version.

heh, compared the color to the b/w, and yep, they're different (missing the "dos" on the color one) .. of course the 2 maps are slightly different scale, so you can't just hold one up in front of the other to see the differences.

Isn't that just the most AWESOME tunnel you have ever seen?
(Well , for me it is..) :D
Oh , said cookie has now been pulled by said owner ;
(my 2nd trip thru the bypass)

Thanks!
Jean

Very pretty tunnel, but you need to see the Queen's Bypass, and I don't mean the part that starts just after King's Bypass. I'm talking about the one that starts in the Court's Squeeze passage. Just that passage being where it is amazes me. Let me know when you're back up this way.

Very pretty tunnel, but you need to see the Queen's Bypass, and I don't mean the part that starts just after King's Bypass. I'm talking about the one that starts in the Court's Squeeze passage. Just that passage being where it is amazes me. Let me know when you're back up this way.

I sure will !!! :D
Now you have me curious ...

Da Bean

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom