Coron area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwajdvr

New
Reaction score

Hello,
:D
I am new to this forum, and I have read a few of the threads posted. I am visiting the Coron area to do some diving and have choosen a few resorts to stay at. Sangat Island Reserve has come highly reccomended and I have found some great info. about what to expect. I am also staying at a place named Busuanga Island Resort just outside of Coron. I haven't found anyone who has stayed here that can give me an idea of what to expect. Any suggestions? Info?

I'm leaving in five days and am looking forward to my first dive outside of The Marshall Islands. What should I expect?

hi there,

I don't know anything about the resorts you mentioned but expect excellent wreck diving in Coron. But the viz is only about 20ft on the wrecks (YMMV). Check out barracuda lake and gunther's cathedral. Those two are a must to dive.

Do a search here in the Philippine Paradise Divers forum and check out the previous threads on coron for more info. Hope that helps!

you can try club paradise. service and dives there are great. its a bit far from most wrecks in coron but they have great reefs in that area. also huge resident turtles. you can also spend your no-dive day before flying in nearby calauit island for the safari.

Thanks for the info. I won't miss the Barracuda Lake and Gunther Cathedral dives. I also am looking forward to some of the deep wrecks in the area.

Look for pics and trip reports in a week or so.

kwajdvr

kwajdvr:
Thanks for the info. I won't miss the Barracuda Lake and Gunther Cathedral dives. I also am looking forward to some of the deep wrecks in the area.

Look for pics and trip reports in a week or so.

kwajdvr

I think this time of the year is perfect to dive Gunther's Cathedral. You'll surely get to dive deep wrecks there.

I stayed at sangat for 8 days, it was awesome. Nice bungalow on the beach, great food, and a very short boat ride to all the wrecks. Full penetration on Irako Maru and Akitsashima Maru was fantatsic. Vis is limited to 10-12m buty once inside the wrecks it isnt so bad if you watch your finning.

Welcome to ppd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom