Coron - where to stay and dive? please advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shiryoga

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will arrive Coron I the begining of April for a week alone, and can spend 3 to 5 days diving.
I understand that the accomodation in Coron town is not on the beach ):
I consider staying in Chindonan resort, but afraid I feel like a stuck in there, but it is very close to the dive sites, so it's easy.
Option 2 is Discovery resoet, and then go to town for a very long diving day, because I understans the dive shops go around 8am and come back around 5pm, and go back in the evening to sleep.
option 3 is to stay in town. Thought about Pirates dive resort.
Anyone that stayed in one of the above and have any recoommendation or conclusion or soloution? It will be very helpful!

Also, I have to be in Puerto Princesa for the Tubbatha liveaboard. Is it possible to go directly from Coron or I have to go first to El Nido? How many days is recommended to saty in El Nido after Coron?

Thank you in advance!!!

Those wrecks 1 - 8 are miles away from Coron town.

Option 4:

Ferry is the better option because of flying penalty after diving.
Your only concern is weather intervention.

Are you committed to the logistics of flights being booked already?

I did a Tubbataha liveaboard and after disembarking, we had a van drive us all the way to El Nido where we did a safari from El Nido to Coron over 3 nights/4 days with Submariner Dive Center. On board, there was nitrox and we had our meals on the boat and slept on land at night. We dived the WWII wrecks along the way and it was fabulous. When then flew out of Busuanga into Manila to go dive Puerto Galera. It was easy and smooth doing it this way; it sounds like it would be perfect for you based on what you're trying to do. Before we set off on our safari, we spent a day or two in El Nido doing the tourist beach hopping by boat. It was lovely!

Back
Top Bottom