Coron Wreck Dives - July 2008 video dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowtempo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone.

I recently came from short 3 Day visit to Coron, Palawan to do some wreckdives. The first drive dive was the Kogyo Maru, where I saw a bulldozer inside the wreck as well as old cement bags. The next dive was Olympia Maru, where the light was good and penetrated the wreck well and last dive od the day was Barracuda Lake, where I saw a felt the extreme temperature chages... I even saw a baraccuda.

Here's a video of those dives.

YouTube - Kogyo Maru Olympia Maru Baracuda Lake

The next day, we dove the Akitsushima which was just awesome! The current was strong that day, so the visability was not very good.

A video of the Akitsushima dive can be found here.

YouTube - Coron Wreck Dive Akitsushima

My last dive of Coron was the Tai Maru. This was a awesome dive, you have to be careful here as the ammunition can still found on the ship. The current was really strong on this dive, so gloves are highly recommended to hold onto something near the end of the dive.

A video of this dive can be found here.

YouTube - Coron Wreck Dive - Tai Maru

----

At the time of the dives, I was AOW diver with around 48 logged dives and the camera used was a sealife reef master mini.

Thanks! Everyone expecially the folks at SeaDive Resort! They run a great dive operation and hotel...

ps. please forgive my amature video work, this was the first non disposible camera that own... my video work will get better in the future. :)

Attachments

• PICT0060.jpg
    PICT0060.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0066.jpg
    PICT0066.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0056.jpg
    PICT0056.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 41
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back