Cost for master diver course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim:

Could you elaborate on the free diving skills? Free diving is very different from snorkeling, as it requires you to descend efficiently to depths that most snorkelers could not achieve. Vasalva fails very quickly, which leaves you to use the Frenzel method of clearing. If you get it quickly then it's a gift from God. Otherwise, like yours truly, it takes a long time and hefty amount of practice to equalize via Frenzel. While most scuba courses will probably list the Frenzel as a method of equalization, I doubt that many actually teach it.

Also the dangers from Shallow Water Black out is present each time you descend. Does your certification agency teach free diving methods that is taught by organizations such as PFI or FII?

I am not familiar with either of those organizations. The course requires students to free dive to a depth of 30 feet and retrieve a weight. The equalization method is up to the student. I teach a simple valsalva that works for me. I realize that depth is not what one would call deep to an accomplished free diver. But it has been part of the course for over fifty years now. And comes from what was called skin diving in those days. We do discuss and prep for SWB. The purpose is not to make them freedivers. I myself would like to take a proper freedive course. Just that it's not available here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom