Costa Concordia Discovery Documentary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Wasn't positive on where to put this (wreck diving seemed inappropriate because they're removing it) and I'm not posting it to scare people, but given everyone around here seems to like history, maritime news and information, etc. see below.

I found a documentary special someone captured from the Discovery Channel off of youtube of the sinking and analysis of the Costa Concordia, I find it fascinating so far and I just wanted to share it with you guys.

[FULL] Sinking of the Costa Concordia (Discovery Channel documentary) - YouTube

With that said, there's also a decent explanation of the efforts to recover it from its predicament here

Enjoy! Overall I'm personally "impressed" at how this happened. The new course, the speed, the captains actions, the winds that helped contain this into something far less serious than it may have been and the rescue from everyone in the area. I'm also impressed at how safety procedures for cruise lines at the time, globally, aren't explained before boarding, or at the very least before the ship departs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax

Back
Top Bottom