Couple or Sandals Negril?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neps

New
Reaction score
Hi, First post here, I hope I do it right..

My fiancee and I are looking into places to go for our honeymoon, and negril seems to be the destination because of good things we have had about it, and the law that the resorts can't be taller than the trees, so it blends into the surrounding better. We def want an all inclusive no children place because she has to deal with them every day and would like the break.

I'm recently PADI ceritified, and this will be my first open water dive out side of the Jersey shore. My Fiancee has never dived, and she said she would do it once, more than that depending, so I would like her first time to be good.

We are tossed between Couples and Sandals at Negril. Sandals mentiones that they PADI certify, and I can't find out if Couples does, so that may be good if the soon to be wife enjoys it. They seem pretty close together on the map, so I'm guessing the dive area will be the same. But I'm wondering how the dive staff is there, and overall experience.

We are probably leading towards Couples because from what we have heard, the Sandals there isn't in as great of a condition as the Couples since its newer and the decor of Couples is less over the top. But I really want a good SCUBA time for both of us, so it will heavily on any opinions here. I would appreciate anything you can mention. I searched and found some threads on Sandals Negril, but nothing on Couples...

Thanks!

I've been to Sandals Negril two times. The first was 8 1/2 years ago for my honeymoon and the second was two years ago.

The Sandals dive shop was very good, was very professional and has an excellent reputation. Diving there on both trips was loads of fun.

The resort itself was just as good the second time, if not even better. I definitely recommend it.

If there weren't some other places I'd love to travel to, both for diving and non-diving vacations, I'd go back to Sandals Negril without any hesitation.

Good luck.

HI neps:
I have not been to either property, but I have sent several of my clients to both.
I have heard only good things when they returned from both.

I called Couples.
If you are a certified diver, then 2 dives a day are included in your package.
Your wife can do a resort course ( also included) if she brings a Doctor's note saying she is in good condition to take the course.
You can get more info from calling..
1 800 Couples
and 1800 Sandlas.
Hope this helped.
Have fun..and Congrats!

Hey Neps,

I have not been to the Couples in Negril but have been to the Sandals back in 94. My impresions on Sandals Negril was that it was very peaceful and had great service and accomodations for an all-inclusive. One of the things we liked best about Negril was the ability just to wander the 7 mile beach. Unlike other locations in Jamaica where you're rather limited to the resort.

Sorry, can't comment on the dive operation but I can say that each day we were there, divers from other Sandals resorts on the island were coming to Sandals Negril for diving.

Best wishes on the coming marraige.

Back
Top Bottom