Coz trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are about 2/3 set on a trip to Coz in october. Its a weekender with a LDS. We actually have a sitter for the kiddo for the weekend. I'll still be constantly worried since shes only two and its will be the first time she has been left with someone for more than 24hrs. Now yall cross your fingers for us that there are two spots open on the trip. Will know for sure on Monday.

Its at Fiesta Americana. Everything is included in the price except food. Uncle Sams refund is gonna cover almost half of it.

I'll take pics and share the trip.

Tom

Tom,
Just returned from Cozumel (8/18), stayed at Fiesta Americana, and really enjoyed it. As we are not big eaters, and can't handle much in the way of spices or "exotic" food we went "all inclusive" . This saved quite a bit of money versus the relatively high food prices at FA.
If you are looking for a dive shop, I'd highly recommend Dive House, on site at FA.
Enjoy your trip,
Miked

Hi Tom,
I hope all works out for you. If you love Cozumel, like I do, maybe you'll come back with us in March.
I picked Plaza Las Glorias for the group trip because it's walking distance to town for food, and shopping, so you save on cabs back and forth. Try to check it out while you're there.
By the way, I'll be in Cozumel for two dives on October 12, 2001.
:sunny:

prayer beads slipping through the fingers, eyes cast heavenward, and incantations being mumbled. There, I think I have you covered!

Enjoy Coz, Tom and Tomette(isn't that what all you Tejanos do to your wives' names? E.g., Zagnut and Zagnette, etc.): it is a great place to relax and to dive!

Joewr (El Gringo)

All is booked. We have a sitter and a back up plan. We are staying at the Fiesta Americana and diving with the Dive House. There are 12 other people going in the group. I'm still gonna have the new daddy jitters about leaving the child, but I think we will be ok.

No hurricanes....

Thanks again

Tom and Michelle

Tom,& Michelle,
When will you be there in October? Maybe I can meet you at the bottom of Palancar reef.

Hey Tom and Michelle, my husband and I are also going to Cozumel in October with our LDS. We will be staying at the Casa Del Mar and diving with Blue Bubble. Let me know when you will be there, maybe we can all meet up at Palancar! We will also be at Athens on Saturday, look forward to meeting everyone.

Karen

Ayesa,
After much back in forth, calling to Cozumel, to set up the March group trip, I have made the decision to dive with Dive Paradise, in March, and in October.
I like Kathy, and Apple, there and feel confident with using them. A few of my instructor friends up here, have used them more then once and have said they won't use anyone else.
I was going to use Bill at Aqua Safari, but he is not as flexible as Apple is. I need flexibility! Apple has told me we will have our own boats, to set up times and places we want to go.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. If you have the time I'd love to meet you on either trip.

My friend and his wife were talking about the four of us going down there in October. They did their OW dives there. We were wanting to go diving together and he(my friend) said his LDS was taking a group down there then. I don't know where they stay when they go but, I'll check in to it. Right now I'm pretty focused on our Belize trip but, when we get back I'm sure I'll start plotting and scheming for the next adventure. It would be cool if we were all down there at the same time. We'd have to get together. I've never been there, but my friend and his wife went to Fiji on their honeymoon in April, and they said they liked the diving in Cozumel better. I've never been to Fiji either...so many places I've yet to dive...it's gonna take me a lifetime!?!..
..Anyhows.. I'll touch base with you all on it when October gets a little closer, if we decide to go.
Oh, and Natasha, I was telling my freind about how I booked the Belize trip through your friend, and he was wanting me to check with you about any good deals or tips on weekend trips(dive operations, places to stay, etc..) to Cozumel or anywhere else that is nearby and not too expensive. Although I'm guessing, it's gonna be hard to beat the kind of deals that are out there for Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom