Cozumel Airport Security WARNING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you mean Oaxaca. How did you know she was Oaxaca? Did she wear a nametag that said "Hola. Me llamo Maria. Yo soy de Oaxaca."???
If you had awesome status you wouldn't have to ask about it.

I am sure it was because she had some of that nice cheese.

Okay, after reading through all these posts regarding cheese, back plates, car accidents, etc: What is the bottom line for carrying batteries in your luggage (both checked and carry-on)?
Here is a link to ASUR's website. Click on 'Permitted Items' to see that Batteries are allowed!:confused:
http://www.asur.com.mx/asur/Ingles/aeropuertos/cozumel/travel_tips.asp

Perhaps we've just been lucky. I carry replacement button batteries for our computers and bring our LED lights and backups with batteries as well as spare Li-ion camera batteries in addition to the ones in the cameras. We've never had the slightest problem getting them on the plane to Mexico or the plane home. On the way there, everything I would not want to dive without is in carry-on. On the way home, lights are checked but cameras and computers stay with us.

Based on my personal experiences, which may not be shared by others, I'd rather deal with security on the Mexican side than the US side. They aren't lackadaisical, but they haven't been intrusive or unreasonable, which I can't always say for the TSA.

Why pack your backplate and wing? I've modded my carryon to fit onto my backplate. It's all-in-there .... wetsuit, regulator, fins, mask, gloves, booties and everything I need (clothes/toiletries) for a week or more. Here's a pic coming back through Hong Kong after 12 days in PNG. It fits easily in the overhead and will even fit in the overhead of a regional jet (lengthwise). Works with either my Deep Sea Supply kydex plate or my Halcyon stainless steel plate. I usually only bring my SS plate when I'm diving dry.

Bob

Carry-on.JPG

Why pack your backplate and wing? I've modded my carryon to fit onto my backplate. It's all-in-there .... wetsuit, regulator, fins, mask, gloves, booties and everything I need (clothes/toiletries) for a week or more. Here's a pic coming back through Hong Kong after 12 days in PNG. It fits easily in the overhead and will even fit in the overhead of a regional jet (lengthwise). Works with either my Deep Sea Supply kydex plate or my Halcyon stainless steel plate. I usually only bring my SS plate when I'm diving dry.

Bob

View attachment 116040

I would love to see some close up pics of your backplate/carryon setup. I have thought about doing something like that myself.

I second that! Do you tuck the crotch strap into your MC pocket on your Halcyon back plate?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I second that! Do you tuck the crotch strap into your MC pocket on your Halcyon back plate?

Nope, I only use the pocket when I bring the diver raft :wink: Otherwise I just pull it up between the travel bag and wing. I don't use a crotch strap on the DSS wing that I use for most travel. I'll get some pics of the components up soon. It's really quite simple.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom