Cozumel Carnival Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quadcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone I will be taking a caribbean cruise (Carnival) for spring break and would just like some suggestions for diving in Cozumel. Also, I have never been on a cruise. So first off would you recommend registering through the cruise line or finding a shop on my own? And whichever you recommend, do you know any good shop names from experience or reputation?

Also is there still any concern about the air tanks provided in Cozumel? I have heard some stories of a couple divers passing away recently in Cozumel due to carbon monoxide poisoning (or something like that).

Thanks for any input!

DJ

Hey everyone I will be taking a caribbean cruise (Carnival) for spring break and would just like some suggestions for diving in Cozumel. Also, I have never been on a cruise. So first off would you recommend registering through the cruise line or finding a shop on my own? And whichever you recommend, do you know any good shop names from experience or reputation?

Also is there still any concern about the air tanks provided in Cozumel? I have heard some stories of a couple divers passing away recently in Cozumel due to carbon monoxide poisoning (or something like that).

Thanks for any input!

DJ

I would strongly recomend Aldora , we just got back from a cruise that stoped in cozumel were the harbor master closed the harbor for diving no small boats due to high winds and waves. Aldora is the only dive shop with boats on the east side of the island so we got to dive. This was our first time to cozumel diving and service was great. I will be returning and diving with Aldora. They also use steel tanks witch is a big plus for me , 100' FOR WOMEN 120' FOR MEN , good 1 hour dives. Aldora Divers of Cozumel

Book on your own, don't fool with Carnival. I dove with Dive with Martin about 4 yrs ago and had a great time.

I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise that hit Cozumel 1-20-11. Took a cab to Caleta Harbor & had a dive trip (pre-arranged in advanced by me) with Living Underwater, which was well-regarded on this forum and I had a great experience with. There were 6 customers on the boat so not a cattle boat. Friendly folks. Oh, and for me, a big point was the 120 cf steel tanks. One of my dives was over an hour & 15 minutes, whereas on an 80 cf aluminum tank like I usually get elsewhere, I tend to get maybe 45 minutes.

If you want a smaller group with fewer stranger and a larger tank so you can stay down longer, book privately. There are a number of reputable op.s in Cozumel; I've also heard people post about Aldora, Blue Xstacy (probably misspelled), and others.

Richard.

I see that you have done 0-24 dives. If your log is closer to 0 than to 24, then Carnival's shore excursion dive will be fine for you. It's advantages are that everything is pre-arranged; you can easily include rental gear; and you won't run the risk of the ship leaving without you if you should return late. The disadvantage is that Carnival's dive shore excursion will likely cost more than what you could book on your own. Cruise ship dives are usually planned for novices because many of the divers are new or once a year divers - not a problem if that's you, but potentially irritating for advanced divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom